A10 Yaw Trim Pot W/DCS Bios Not Working

Kenpilot

Hey guys. I can't get my home cockpit yaw trim pot to work for some reason. I'm using DCS Bios, Arduino Mega and a 10k Pot. I have the Pot connected to the Mega using a 5v pin, GND pin, and one of the Analog pins. I also copied the coding for the yaw trim from DCS Bios. It's not working at all, but the rest of the switches on my panel are. Yes, I've double checked all the connections, etc. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or might be the issue? Would a rotary encoder be better? Thanks! 

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

On 3/2/2024 at 1:50 PM, No1sonuk said:

Which version of DCS-BIOS are you using, and what code line?

I'm using Version V.0.10.0+64

Code: DcsBios::PotentiometerEWMA<5, 128, 5> saspYawTrim("SASP_YAW_TRIM", PIN)

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

probably not much help, but my DCSBIOS-based SAS panel and the Yaw trim are working with the exact line of code you used. Or at least it was working before the latest patch, I didn't try it with the most recent open beta version yet. so i'd say keep troubleshooting, I assume you did replace the PIN in your code to the actual analog input 🙂

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

6 hours ago, agrasyuk said:

probably not much help, but my DCSBIOS-based SAS panel and the Yaw trim are working with the exact line of code you used. Or at least it was working before the latest patch, I didn't try it with the most recent open beta version yet. so i'd say keep troubleshooting, I assume you did replace the PIN in your code to the actual analog input 🙂

lol I did, but a very good question! Thanks for the response! 

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

23 hours ago, Kenpilot said:

I'm using Version V.0.10.0+64

Code: DcsBios::PotentiometerEWMA<5, 128, 5> saspYawTrim("SASP_YAW_TRIM", PIN)

OK.  That's the "Hub" version that's no longer supported by its original developer.  I'm surprised it works at all now.
You should switch to the "Skunkworks" fork (formerly called the Flightpanels Fork).  That's actively maintained and updated.
https://github.com/DCS-Skunkworks/dcs-bios
There's an installation guide here:

And a Discord here:
https://discord.gg/T3bHedJk

On 3/7/2024 at 6:32 PM, No1sonuk said:

OK.  That's the "Hub" version that's no longer supported by its original developer.  I'm surprised it works at all now.
You should switch to the "Skunkworks" fork (formerly called the Flightpanels Fork).  That's actively maintained and updated.
https://github.com/DCS-Skunkworks/dcs-bios
There's an installation guide here:

And a Discord here:
https://discord.gg/T3bHedJk

Well damn. Ok, thanks for the heads up!! Now I just hope when I change over to this newer DCS Bios, everything still works! lol I'll give it a shot. Thanks!!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

I downloaded and installed everything and the trim still isn't working correctly. I tried a different analog input on the arduino and tried a different arduino, still no luck. When I turn the knob, it reacts in certain positions, but it's very sensitive and doesn't turn the correct way and if I turn it all the way, the entire arduino disconnects and it doesn't work anymore, I have to close DCS out and restart it. It's very strange. Could it be the potentiometer I'm using? Should I try a Rotary Encoder? Thanks!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

27 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

I am checking the setup tab and I can't see the yaw trim as an axis, so I can't see the use of a pot. I'd rather switha to a rotary encoder and bind it as key inputs.

Saludos.

Saca111

I'll try that, thanks!!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

The Rotary Encoder did it! I have it working now. I'm also running the new DCS Bios. Thanks for all the help guys!! :notworthy:

• Like 1

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir