All my settings replaced

I just love how after an update all my settings have been replaced in the CPG seat of my apache.

I really do appreciate the hard work you all put in to mess my settings up.

Really means a lot.I look forward to my settings being even more messed up on the next patch.

Thanks ED!!!!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 16AGR_Darkwood said:

I just love how after an update all my settings have been replaced in the CPG seat of my apache.

I really do appreciate the hard work you all put in to mess my settings up.

Really means a lot.I look forward to my settings being even more messed up on the next patch.

Thanks ED!!!!!!!

Could you be more specific?

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

I cannot laze a target, my other settings were replaced with night vision settings that I don't use and never even set up. In the gazelle all my axis controls were changed and other things added that i did not want, or use. It's getting old after every update. 

And I am not the only one

you know in other games people are excited for updates and patches to the game.

Not in this game though. In this game after an update people are wondering how much it's messed up after the fact.

The easy solution is to take a back-up of your configs once you have got them set to your liking (found in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\<DCS instance>\Config\Input and then just copy them back if your files get corrupted. I also use Joypro as a mapping tool so that changing a controller takes a matter of seconds to reapply all mappings.

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

But if we can simply put back our backup config input folder or reload the saved profiles, I don’t get why it needed to be changed in the update in the first place. 

In the Gazelle, seems you can load up your old profile but there are some amendments and tweaks to be done as they split (yet shared some) bindings between pilot and copilot. A heads-up on the change to bindings on modules affected in the update would be helpful.

Apache seems ok for me, no change, laser still works as mapped.  

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Nothing changed for the modules I fly, so I do not think this is a global issue.

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

• 2 weeks later...

Something is happening since the latest update, randomly deleting one of my usb devices from my mappings. I have a simrig set up, no usb cables ever move plugs on the motherboard, nor have there been any firmware updates for any of these devices. So far, one of my virpil panels, a razer tartarus and my virpil/warthog stick combo have all independently disappeared from my mappings, even though they're visible in dcs. The offending devices are being randomly deleted from my device mappings list on the saved games folder.

Edited by BMD
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BMD said:

Something is happening since the latest update, randomly deleting one of my usb devices from my mappings. I have a simrig set up, no usb cables ever move plugs on the motherboard, nor have there been any firmware updates for any of these devices. So far, one of my virpil panels, a razer tartarus and my virpil/warthog stick combo have all independently disappeared from my mappings, even though they're visible in dcs. The offending devices are being randomly deleted from my device mappings list on the saved games folder.

Also, pasting a full input folder backup into the right directory does not solve the issue

• Like 1