TDC Depress Not selecting Coord Grid in Open Beta

Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

Hi everyone, 

Been playing around with DCS BFM Trainer by Sedlo - PERSIAN GULF and moved on to using JTAC to laz my targets.  I use the TDC to slew over to the grid given by JTAC, but it doesn't matter what grid I choose, when I depress the TDC, I get a small line under the 2 letters, and then is disappears.  I've read a lot about dead zones but its not that.  I started my DCS release, started a instant action mission, ready on the ramp, or whatever its named, and wen through the process to add a grid and it worked perfectly.  Is there an easy fix for this?

My open beta version is 2.9.3.51704

My Release version is 2.9.3.51704 

Is there any way to fix this?  Also, I reset my bindings on both versions and I still get the same result.

Edit:  After I wrote this, I tried a repair and that didn't help either.  Its weird that the release is ok but ob is not.  I'd expect it to be the opposite in this version anyway.

thanks

Edited by skippy12094

• Solution
Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 1:40 PM, skippy12094 said:

After I wrote this, I tried a repair and that didn't help either.  Its weird that the release is ok but ob is not.  I'd expect it to be the opposite in this version anyway.

thanks

there is a separate saved games folder for each install of DCS. even though there is only one version, you originally had two versions. so there is some difference within the two saved games folders.

unless you plan to use an older release before they were unified, just use the version that works.

if you really want to fix it then rename the broken CONFIG folder and copy the working CONFIG folder to the where the broken install is in saved games.

image.png

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

that must have been the issue.  I removed the config folder and restarted, I also remapped all my bindings and it seems to be working.  One thing to note, I added dead zone to the axis in Joystick Gremlin but it must not have taken, whe I added it to the axis in DCS controls it worked.  I think all I needed was deadzone added to the DCS  not JG

Thanks a lot... that was driving me nuts.