How many of your AI launched airframes are you managing to recover?

Lau

Hey fellow virtual pilots,

It seems that with ED's AI limitations added from one end of the mission to the other, the chances of recovery are very slim for AI and even sometimes for the players with the deck fooled by AI that did not launch and remained stock on the catapult.

So effectively it’s a very tricky business to micro manage the parking allocation of AI through spawn and startup delays, the super CVN being unable to prevent AI to start taxiing all at the same time and consequently jamming the deck. Once AI is airborne you have the other sets of bugs with F18C stalling while trying to intercept tankers, preventing other aircraft from refueling since they are waiting on an F18C that will never make it after crashing. Then you have the mission for the few that survived the initial massacre that must AAR before being able to head for the recovery pattern and then what seems to me like a broken CASE III recovery with AI never making it to the deck on endless loops around the CVN. If I get one or two AI on the empty CVN deck that would be all out of 14 airframes launched, more often than not these are an E2C and a COD that do not need to AAR.

Please let me know about your experience since I am interested to know if I am the only one that wasted so much of my precious time trying to make a product work?

Yet not a word on AI improvements in 2024.

Best,

Lau

No customer support or modules in an abandoned state can only mean no further investments from ED’s customers. ED and third party developers are solely responsible for the level of features completeness at which they decide to release their modules.  Taking in to account customers feedback as well as finishing the products is paramount. After release, modules should be playable with important essential features completed at very early stages after the release, including bug fixes. ED & partners staffs should grow with the addition of newer modules in order to not diminish the level of customer support or further delay delivery as per the initial sales agreement. The virtual world we fly with our modules is equally important; there is no way around AI, real weather and the earth map. Thank you

• ED Team

Hi Lau, 

please check our manual for the supercarrier there is a section dedicated to how to fill the deck and how it is important not to block routes for the AI. 

If you have a specific issue it is best to post a short track replay example. 

Please note in the future when the aircraft handlers are added you will be directed to and from parking locations, this will help users keeping the deck organised. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2