Quest 3 Visual and Audio choppy experience (stutters)

Sezai

Hi All,

Is there anyone else who experience choppy audio and visuals in DCS recently. I own a Quest 3 and no matter what graphic settings I use, it stutters for both audio and visual. I have no frame drop at all. I connect the Q3 with the official cable link and I have a solid internet speed and low latency. Besides all that, I now have started experiencing Liquid and Debris warning and I think this is a highly common issue after the latest update. Has anybody here experienced choppy audio and visuals, if yes, I'd really appreciate if you could share how you resolved this issue. 

Many thanks

Corsair 5000D RGB Airflow | Intel i9 13900K | MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk | Cooler MasterLiquid 360L | GeForce RTX 4080 | Kingston Fury Renegade 64GB DDR5 6000 Mhz | Kingston Fury Renegade 2TB | Be Quiet! Pure Power 12M 1000W

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | TM T-Flight Rudder

Meta Quest 3

CPL: Cessna 172 & 182 & 208 on Floats

I recently had similar issues, I gave up using the cable and moved the rig nearer the router to increase my network signal to the quest 3 and started using VD. All the audio and video stutters have gone (and of course the debris and liquid warnings). I find the whole Oculus/Meta software App thing to be too complicated with updates often ruining the experience.

I have had some of this recently too with QP. I thought it was my cable playing up. If I reconnect the cable that sometimes solves it. Sometimes the oculus pc app does not recognise the headset which is usually solved by a pc and headset restart. I am using headset v63 and pc app v62. I wonder if this is the issue!? 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Oldahpilot said:

I recently had similar issues, I gave up using the cable and moved the rig nearer the router to increase my network signal to the quest 3 and started using VD. All the audio and video stutters have gone (and of course the debris and liquid warnings). I find the whole Oculus/Meta software App thing to be too complicated with updates often ruining the experience.

I think this could be the solution. Obviously this is something to do with bitrate.. what a waste to spend 100 Eur on a cable...Stupid me

Edited by Sezai

Corsair 5000D RGB Airflow | Intel i9 13900K | MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk | Cooler MasterLiquid 360L | GeForce RTX 4080 | Kingston Fury Renegade 64GB DDR5 6000 Mhz | Kingston Fury Renegade 2TB | Be Quiet! Pure Power 12M 1000W

Meta Quest 3

55 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

I get the occasional audio stutter, but the video is fine. A minor annoyance but would be nice to solve.

Using a third party USB cable.

Well, don't bother the official cable. From my perspective it is a rip off, and also does not function different than a 20 eur cable.

• Thanks 1

Meta Quest 3

This is becoming annoying. It seems random and the "fixes" I mentioned above don't always seem to work. I've given up with oculus for now and switched back to VD. It's a lot more reliable. 

I was experiencing the same immersion breaking audio issues with quest 3 over link cable; previously i had mitigated this by increasing the bitrate to 800 and dedicating a processor core to the audiodg.exe (process lasso process cpu-affinity settings). 

Recently i decided to give up on sending compressed audio to the headset over the link cable and instead use wireless headphones over pc audio by disabling both "Computer Audio in VR" and "VR Audio in Desktop" within the Oculus pc app settings. This did the trick for me and i no longer experience the issue.

It is painfully apparent that meta does not give a sh*t about their pcvr customer base and does not invest in fixing systemic issues with the pc link.

i7-13700KF; RTX-4090; 32GB RAM; Quest 3; Virpil CM3 + VKB Gunfighter Mk.IV Modern Combat Edition Ultimate

I tried oculus cable link again last night and I have audio and video stutters all the time but the FPS/frame time is stable. Changing bitrate makes no difference. It could be a cable issue except that others are having issues too. I might try another cable. 

I updated the headset to the latest v63 version and the link now appears to work and no intermittent audio or video issues (at least not yet!). 

I’m experiencing a similar issue since the last patch (QPro) to the point that today airlink crashed mid game for the first time ever. Frame Rate was stable 36/72.

Thanks

7800x3D/4080/64 Gb ddr 6000

False alarm. The stuttering is back again. Very intermittent. I also noticed that my charging cable is intermittently disconnecting so I'm now wondering if it's an issue with my USB port! 

On 3/12/2024 at 9:13 AM, Sezai said:

Hi All,

Is there anyone else who experience choppy audio and visuals in DCS recently. I own a Quest 3 and no matter what graphic settings I use, it stutters for both audio and visual. I have no frame drop at all. I connect the Q3 with the official cable link and I have a solid internet speed and low latency. Besides all that, I now have started experiencing Liquid and Debris warning and I think this is a highly common issue after the latest update. Has anybody here experienced choppy audio and visuals, if yes, I'd really appreciate if you could share how you resolved this issue. 

Many thanks

rtx 4090, i get choppy/crackling audio from the built in headset speakers so i default to my desktop speakers and no issue.

I think my issue was faulty cable. I have a new cable and I've not had any issues after a few hours of play now. 

• 4 weeks later...

It has been more than a month and still have the choppy visuals and time to time audio, 

What I did:

- I bought Asus 7800 Wifi 6E router and placed it near my PC and connect it to my PC and the modem with CAT 7 cable. 

- I tried every possible scenario for Oculus Debug Tool

- Finally as of today, decided to sell the Quest 3..

Nothing worked. Playing DCS is way too painful

Meta Quest 3

3 minutes ago, Sezai said:

It has been more than a month and still have the choppy visuals and time to time audio, 

What I did:

- I bought Asus 7800 Wifi 6E router and placed it near my PC and connect it to my PC and the modem with CAT 7 cable. 

- I tried every possible scenario for Oculus Debug Tool

- Finally as of today, decided to sell the Quest 3..

Nothing worked. Playing DCS is way too painful

is pimax crystal light the next answer for you?