Game crash... :(

Taiser
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I play in VR. Haven't played for a month, been busy. Anyways, fire DCS up couple of days ago, it does an update. Then fires up, get the new Nvidia splash screen, then crashes to desktop.  Did a repair, did nothing. Did a deep repair, then it fires up in 2D. Seems fine, click the VR button, does it's reboot then crashes again.  Obviously it doesn't like VR anymore.  Does this in MT and regular. Ran perfectly before the update and never had an issue like this.  I really, really don't want to do a reinstall because I play in a simpit with a bunch of virpil gear and re-mapping would be a nightmare. Yes I know, I can backup the config files, but that has given me issues in the past.  Just wondering if I'm missing anything dumb about this.  My system is high end (13900k and a 4090)...  any ideas appreciated!  🙂 

• Like 1

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

are you using meta quest headset? If so v63 has created issues for DCS, a fix will be in the next patch. I will post some information below that has some work arounds.

If you are not a meta headset user please post your dcs log from saved games dcs folder it will have some clues. 

thank you 

---------------------------------

By default DCS uses OpenXR which is supported by Oculus.

For Multithreading DCS we also have a native Oculus API available which can be enabled by adding --force_oculus_VR

Due to the priority order OpenXR driver is selected first (prior to v62 oculus update) this was working well,

with Oculus v63 they broke OpenXR for DCS.

As a work around users can use native oculus with --force_oculus_VR

We do have a fix for the v63 driver coming in a future patch that will allow openXR to work correctly again for Oculus using the newer driver. 

Thank you 
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/344539-native-oculus-api-and-dcs/

Please also note there is a steamVR oculus plugin work around found by Jaghammer.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/344539-native-oculus-api-and-dcs/page/2/#comment-5395501

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am guessing you are running Oculus software - the last Meta update has introduced something that requires a fix from ED. This should come in the next patch.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal