Asking for help with Quest 2.

Good afternoon. After more than 20 years, I assembled a computer solely to try DDS.
Specification:

• 7800X3D
  • 32 DDR5
  • 4070 Super
  • Oculus Quest 2

All the latest drivers and game version are installed.
The VR glasses are not connected with the original wire, but in the Oculus application it says that the VR is connected.
The necessary parameters for forcing VR and OpenXR have been added to the DCS launch shortcut (--force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR).
However, when I launch the game, I can't see anything on the VR headset, and the game launches in "flat" mode on the TV.

Starting  the game:

• open the Oculus app
  • make sure the headset is connected
  • starting the game

In the game itself, in the VR section, the option to use VR is activated.

I ask for advice and help.
Thank you in advance.
p.s. In the application "OpenXR Tools for Windows" in the "Mixed Reality" section, the demo scene is not available, because "there is no available system with a virtual helmet

Edited by bullgod-mort

vor 2 Stunden schrieb bullgod-mort:

In the application "OpenXR Tools for Windows" in the "Mixed Reality" section, the demo scene is not available, because "there is no available system with a virtual helmet

As Sebastian already mentioned, your Quest is not a Windows Mixed Reality headset, that‘s why you will not get this and also this App is completely useless to you.

What you need to do: when you are in your headset environment, you need to start Quest Link. (You can click on the little clock on the left of the grey bar and then you will find it. Don‘t worry that it says „Rift S“).

Then you will find yourself in some grey environment. Now click on the little monitor symbol on the bar. You can now see your desktop and can start DCS.

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

It‘s worth mentioning, that there is currently a problem with Oculus and DCS. So of you made it that far, that you can see your desktop in your headset and DCS crashes during startup, don‘t worry…it‘s not you. Just come back here and we can talk about alternative ways to get it to work.

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

В 21.03.2024 в 01:55, Phantom711 сказал:

Then you will find yourself in some grey environment. Now click on the little monitor symbol on the bar. You can now see your desktop and can start DCS.

At this point I can only see orange screen. 
I can run DCS in VR if I open the Library icon in Oculus link menu. 

11 часов назад, Phantom711 сказал:

@bullgod-mort

Orange screen? And there is no bar with icons at the bottom?

I’ll try to explain in more detail: after turning on Quest 2, I connect the USB cable and receive notifications about the opportunity to connect Quest Link. I connect the quest link and find myself in a light gray environment. There is a panel with icons at the bottom. On the right side of this panel there is a monitor icon; if I click this icon, an orange screen with some large symbol appears in front of my eyes. However, there is a Library icon on the left side of the icon bar. If I click this icon, a screen appears where there is a DCS icon, after launching which I can start the game in VR mode.

2 hours ago, bullgod-mort said:

I’ll try to explain in more detail: after turning on Quest 2, I connect the USB cable and receive notifications about the opportunity to connect Quest Link. I connect the quest link and find myself in a light gray environment. There is a panel with icons at the bottom. On the right side of this panel there is a monitor icon; if I click this icon, an orange screen with some large symbol appears in front of my eyes. However, there is a Library icon on the left side of the icon bar. If I click this icon, a screen appears where there is a DCS icon, after launching which I can start the game in VR mode.

Once the link is activated you can either launch it from the oculus library from the headset (which is the way you have done it) or take you headset off and launch it from your PC desktop as you would when playing 2d. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Qcumber:

or take you headset off and launch it from your PC desktop

Why would one need to take the headset off? The point is, if I press that little monitor symbol on the bar, I then see my desktop in front of me in VR and can interact with it with the mouse or the Quest controllers.

@bullgod-mort

So you see like an orange oval shape with an exclamation mark?

Edited by Phantom711

image.png

В 23.03.2024 в 23:48, SebastianR сказал:

Yes, sometimes orange oval appears for a couple of seconds and after that, normal desktop is visible

Yes, you’re right. 
at this point everything works as it should. 
thanks. 
from time to time link brakes but I think it’s a cable issue 

The main thing is that I’m now starting to master the basics of flying an F-18

9 часов назад, SebastianR сказал:

Try Link via wifi and use the cable connected to quest charger to keep charge

air link? It seems to me that this will lead to losses in packet transmission…

5 minutes ago, bullgod-mort said:

air link? It seems to me that this will lead to losses in packet transmission…

You could try Virtual Desktop. A lot of people prefer this to oculus cable. I prefer cable personally but use both and there is not much in it if you have a router next to your PC. Compression is a bit better with the cable set at 960 Mbps h264 with oculus, but HEVC-10 at 150 Mbps is better quality than h264 on VD.

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro