Livery Link - A Livery Management Utility

I'd like to introduce Livery Link, a desktop application for managing custom liveries.

I've been working on this for a few months now and although it's still incomplete, there are a few people using it and I think it's in a state where I'm happy to share with the wider community.

The primary function is to make it trivial to install liveries (see the video below). In addition to this, it can also automatically share liveries with other people.

So far, I loved building this, I really hope you enjoy it!

Download

Visit https://github.com/Camble/LiveryLink for more information click the download button for the latest version.

Livery Link v0.14.0

See it in use:

Key Features

• Paste in a User Files URL to automatically install a livery
  • The Livery Browser displays your installed liveries with nice thumbnails
  • Plenty of options in case you don't like a specific feature
  • Automatically share and download liveries (with other users of Livery Link)
  •  

Installation

No installation required, extract anywhere you like and run.

FAQs

Q. How does Livery Sharing work?
A. In order to share liveries to other players, they must also have Livery Link, and the server you are flying on must be running Livery Link Server.

Q. How do I enable livery sharing?
A. Simply install liveries with Livery Link, and use those liveries on a Livery Link enabled server.

Q. How do I send liveries to people?
A. If you're sporting a livery that was installed with Livery Link, it will be shared automatically as soon as you take off.

Q. How do I receive other people's liveries?
A. If connected to a Livery Link server and a player shares a custom livery, Livery Link will download and install it automatically.

Q. What if I don't want to share liveries?
A. This feature can be disabled, or tweaked to your liking.

Edited by Camble
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 5:52 PM, Rob Mason said:

Sorry to be a Debby Downer but the first F-16C skin it installed it placed it in the F-15E folder!!!

I'll check it out. Do you have the user files URL?

Was it this?

Edited by Camble

Oh yeah it was, what's he done put the wrong Plane in the description file!!! Is it for a Viper or a Mudhen? Bit weird, oh well not your fault then Camble i do apologise, i'll give it another go in that case lol

• Like 1

Must just be a typo. I've never encountered that issue until now, but that's just the way it is when working with manual submissions. A future version will have to infer the aircraft type by the file's contents (so we can make use of other hosts like Google drive), but for now we're reliant on which category people upload their liveries to!

• 2 weeks later...

Found and resolved an issue with detecting when DCS was running, if you run DCS as an administrator. Not sure how many people this will affect, but next update fixes this.

Probably won't bump this thread on every single new version, just if it feels appropriate. Livery Link automatically updates anyway.

• 2 weeks later...