Gun camera footage

tribbin

Is it possible to have gun camera footage in multiplayer?

Is it possible to extract the images from the track file?

Edited by tribbin

RiftS • RX5950XT • 5800X3D • 64GB
F-86 • F-5E • F-16C • F/A-18C • P-51D • UH-1H • L-39 • MiG-15 • MiG-21
Supercarrier • Syria
 • PG • Sinai • Nevada

Screw the Christian Eagle II

• tribbin changed the title to Gun camera footage

Going by some file size comparison, it seems that only the moment of the camera-shutter triggers are recorded in the track file.

Would be nice to have the ability to store the gun camera footage.

Supercarrier • Syria
 • PG • Sinai • Nevada

Going by some file size comparison, it seems that only the moment of the camera-shutter triggers are recorded in the track file.
Would be nice to have the ability to store the gun camera footage.
I agree, but to my knowledge as a workaround. You can rename the trk to zip, and then open and extract the images.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I agree, but to my knowledge as a workaround. You can rename the trk to zip, and then open and extract the images.
Cheers!

Done that, but there are no pictures. I already tried to search for common image-file magic-numbers in the files (to see if they are embedded) inside the track files but there are no images in there.

It seems only the moment of the camera-shutter activations are recorded. Similarily to how it does not store the video of you flight, but only the data about nagivation.

Edited by tribbin

Supercarrier • Syria
 • PG • Sinai • Nevada

Done that, but there are no pictures. I already tried to search for common image-file magic-numbers in the files inside the track files but there are no images in there.

It seems only the moment of the camera-shutter activations are recorded. Similarily to how it does not store the video of you flight, but only the data about nagivation.
Ah, I see. I stand corrected then. Bummer. Well, the MB-339 has/or will get that feature implemented. Too bad the MiG-15, F-86 and F-5 don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Play back the track and print screen as it runs?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, VZ_342 said:

It'd be cool if there could be a single button/combo of buttons to toggle a video recording of the screen.

Maybe there is...?

nVidia has a built-in function to do exactly that. Requires the nVidia experience software though.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."