What are these tiny red arrows in the center of the JHMCS

EmJay22
Go to solution Solved by Sharkku,

After performing a CV cold start and landing at Rota for some gas, I managed to do something and then saw this.  I didn't go thru the procedure to align the JHMCS (as I was getting bored!) so suspect it's related. 

image0 (2).jpeg

My controls set up shows "Enable visual recon mode" for MOUSE_BTN2 and it is not mapped to anything else. It does not make those red things show up. When I press mouse button two in game, nothing happens.

I do have Force cursor to show, toggle which is set to LACT + C also set to a mouse button so I can look around the cockpit when not using TrackIR, such as when trying do a lengthy manual cold start. That does not produce those red things. 

1 hour ago, EmJay22 said:

My controls set up shows "Enable visual recon mode" for MOUSE_BTN2 and it is not mapped to anything else. It does not make those red things show up. When I press mouse button two in game, nothing happens.

I do have Force cursor to show, toggle which is set to LACT + C also set to a mouse button so I can look around the cockpit when not using TrackIR, such as when trying do a lengthy manual cold start. That does not produce those red things. 

By default, if the yellow mouse cursor is turned off, a right mouse button click activates the red crosshair. A left mouse button click spots units/deactivates the crosshair.

Edited by razo+r

• Solution
On 3/25/2024 at 11:19 AM, EmJay22 said:

I have yet to reproduce this to actual understand it so I am not sure why it is marked as "solved".. but ok....

It's because you've marked Mike_Romeo's post as "solution".

I think you have to double click middle mouse or mouse wheel (enable visual recon) to enter/exit visual recon mode. After that you bring up red crosshair with right click, and spot/mark with left click.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sharkku said:

It's because you've marked Mike_Romeo's post as "solution".

I think you have to double click middle mouse or mouse wheel (enable visual recon) to enter/exit visual recon mode. After that you bring up red crosshair with right click, and spot/mark with left click.

Maybe I accidentally marked it so instead of just "liking" that he responded.  I will need to play with it some more to try to duplicate it.  

Double click scroll wheel, then click Mouse button2.    

Thanks

Edited by EmJay22
added more info and updated.