Fine gazelle piloting

PLUTON

Here I am driving the gazelle which I find wonderful but I would like my driving to be a little more flexible.
I have a hotas warthog with the F18 joystic and I would like to put an 80 mm curve extension on the stic because I think it will help for the X and Y axes
What do you think about it, good or bad?

thanks for your advices

For Helicopter flying, a long stick with low resistance (soft centering spring) is the best solution short of a force feedback joystick or a purpose made helicopter cyclic.

You will notice, that a longer throw will help a lot with fine control.

I'm using a VKB base with 20 cm extension and a very heavy full metal grip, which makes it top heavy and very soft/low resistance. It's day and night compared to the desktop thrustmaster joystick I had before.

Short answer: Very good idea!!!

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

You won't regret it.

Though I would recommend to mount the stick on your chair or on the ground between your legs. If desktop seated, an extension will make it uncomfortable.

However, if you can mount it low enough, I would recommend the longest extension you can get (with helicopters being the main focus that is).

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"