Constant serious PC shutdowns when my plane gets destroyed. Both MP and SP

BMD

Have been dealing with relatively constant PC shutdowns when my plane gets splashed and the explosion animation happens. It's at least 40% of the time. I only fly the Viper, my system has passed may stability tests recently such as unigine, furmark, cinebench, prime 95 etc, no other game is crashing my pc, especially not a repeatable hard shutdown. It mostly seems to be triggering OCP via the GPU, I have even resorted to limiting gpu power and clock speeds to a well conservative number. Running a 7900xtx and a 5950x combo. Attaching a track file where I got splashed in a comp this weekend and my pc crashed and shut off so hard my bios settings had to be reapplied.

364th_FTQ_SATAC_Sochi-MozdokV5-20240323-181036.trk dcs.log

Posted (edited)

it is connected to a ups/voltage stabilizer, but I also live in an area with very good electrical supply in the eu, not a factor.

Edited by BMD

Try not using this voltage stabilizer, see if DCS keeps crashing,and report back please.

Very recently, another user realized his surge protector was limiting the input power to his PC, causing DCS crashes.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Still crashes every once I a while, I have tested extensively. Seems like there is some unfavourable interaction between dcs and amd radeon drivers, as crashes happen less often if I artificially limit the gpus clock below 2800mhz (normally runs closer to 3000 when left on stock settings). Have yet to test with new patch. But I don't expect changes tbh.

The UPS has an inbuilt function to clean up the power from the wall, it's not a switch or separate device.

1 minute ago, BMD said:

The UPS has an inbuilt function to clean up the power from the wall, it's not a switch or separate device.

You just need to insure that it's not limited to 10 Amps. That's what happened to another user. Gaming PCs need 16 Amps. 10 Amps is not enough and can lead to freezes/crashes.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.