Inflight messages appearing towards center of screen

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I have two MFD displays plus my main, and everything has worked fine up until yesterday when the inflight messages started appearing as shown rather than on the left edge. Is there a file I can edit or maybe delete so this is moved back to default location, without wiping everything out and having to start over?

null

image.png

Edited by RickJamesBish

• RickJamesBish changed the title to Inflight messages appearing towards center of screen
  • ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

press LCtrl + TAB you will see the chat window popup, use your mouse to click the top of the window and drag it wherever you wish the window to be. 

Close the chat window LCtrl + TAB now the envelope will be where you dragged the window to. 

hope that helps

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

press LCtrl + TAB you will see the chat window popup, use your mouse to click the top of the window and drag it wherever you wish the window to be. 

Close the chat window LCtrl + TAB now the envelope will be where you dragged the window to. 

hope that helps

Thank you!!  I don't know how that happened because I have never used the chat window and did not know it existed. I guess I inadvertently activated it and moved it somehow. Regardless.. thanks!!

• Thanks 1