How do I (stick response)...

Go to solution Solved by trgt,

I have a Warthog HOTUS, the Anton is very squirrelly, bouncing with the smallest of input. How do I tone down the response time, Ive tried to adjust the dead center, the curves of every variety, the stick is acting like there isn't any resistance from wind pressure on the control surfaces.

TIA

It sounds a bit like pilot error. You talk about take off or about landing?

Generally you only need to set axis curves.

Make sure you have turned off the game mode.

Make sure you have turned off force feedback in misc. options menu.

Is this your issue?

Make sure not case of double binding... every time I install a new module invariably I'm going to have rudders and ailerons mapped to the same axes...

TM Warthog MFG TIR5 GT Omega Pro/ButKickerx1/WheelStandPro Playseat/ButKickerx2

Posted (edited)

Talking about flight, take off, landing and whilst trying to line up a shot. I tried to set the axis curves, using every option available in the set up window.  I didn't have as much trouble with the P47, but that was a time ago, now coming off a hiatus it seems I need to learn what all the options mean within the axis configuration setup. It's like all I need to do is breath on the stick and the plane goes into an acute maneuver.

Funny thing, during the startup phase of the training scenario I found a lot of keys missing, the comms menu for example.

I guess what I should've asked for is for someone with the same stick as my own to share their axis config. or point me to something posted. Though, as yet, I haven't watched the above vid.

Edited by trgt

Thunderbolt is much more pitch-sensitive than either of both Fw-190s in DCS, so I'd actually expect you to have similar problems with former rather than the latter. Something ain't right.

Do you use game flight mode by mistake instead of simulation one? You probably have reset many options after getting back to DCS after a while. You already seem to be using easy comms rather than realistic ones judging from training mission woes you deccribe.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• Solution

OK, vid. answered the question. As for the comms. it was in reference to bringing up ground crew and tower.  \ wasn't doing anything. It wasn't set in the options. In fact many things were/are automatically  set up to controllers I don't use for flight sims, the razer for one. And most of those were double set.

Don't flash an ASUS bios without saving every piddly thing.

When installing a new module, DCS auto-assigns multiple controls to every damn USB device plugged to your PC. Duplicated assignments are an unfortunate  "norm" in such situation and the very first thing you need to do is to browse controls table carefully and delete duplicates indeed. 

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Setting up any modules clear the tables for all three controllers.

Rudder 

Joystick

Throttle

Go into axis tab and clear . 

Start from fresh yes it's painful but make sure you SAVE your settings and make a backup of them files .

All my DCS controller files are kept on a spare hard drive. The good thing about DCS  is that you can use this over and over if a new installation was required. 

Also each module has three files that I've named as above . All with curves settings and keybinds .

I've had the warthog great HOTAS , stiff center springs, but definitely not be jumping around as you mentioned.

Put a 5% dead zone on center. Try 15% on pitch and roll . Test . Test . 

Try another airframe and test . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .