Campaign: Republic

• ED Team

There subtitles are not necessary. These are real Audio from operations. I have inserted them simply for atmosphere. For the player no instructions there are present. The decision needs to be accepted most. This mission one of the most difficult.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with the Republic campaign. I complete the first mission and get a 59% score, but when I go back to the campaign window it says the campaign is 'inactive' and I have to refly the first mission. Anyone got any ideas why this might be? Obviously I can play each stage as a single mission but that's not the point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

From any one tried this campaign any comments will be much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Only flown the two missions so far and one things really stands out - the briefings. Definitely the best written and most enjoyable to read of any campaign/mission I've played. Really like the lone pilot/mercenary scenario - good mechanic, good atmosphere. I'll feedback more the further I get in.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Only flown the two missions so far and one things really stands out - the briefings. Definitely the best written and most enjoyable to read of any campaign/mission I've played. Really like the lone pilot/mercenary scenario - good mechanic, good atmosphere. I'll feedback more the further I get in.

Thanks man. In the future will try this for sure but how do i install extra missions or campaigns??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

To intall a campaign just extract the files to your Eagle Dyanmics/Ka-50/Missions/Campaigns folder. For missions just extract 'em to your Missions folder. Simples! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update on the campaign: it seems you score 20% for completing your mission and then an extra 39% for surviving and landing (=59% in total). However, this means that once your average begins to fall its almost impossible to get it back above 51%. I reflew a mission, failed it, had to refly it again (teach me to be in a hurry - twice!), succeeded in the mission but now my average score is 39%! I'm just going backwards. If there isn't alot of alternative missions success should score 100% imo to keep the campaign going forward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks McVittes. Its sounds difficult.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks McVittes. Its sounds difficult.

Quite the contrary, the missions are very straight forward so far, it's just because I'd replayed them three times over already due to of my earlier problems I was trying to rush them - big no no! I edit the missions to give a bigger score on completion...or maybe I missed some other objectives that would give me a higher score?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Update on the campaign: it seems you score 20% for completing your mission and then an extra 39% for surviving and landing (=59% in total). However, this means that once your average begins to fall its almost impossible to get it back above 51%. I reflew a mission, failed it, had to refly it again (teach me to be in a hurry - twice!), succeeded in the mission but now my average score is 39%! I'm just going backwards. If there isn't alot of alternative missions success should score 100% imo to keep the campaign going forward.

In the first and second mission points are charged so: 39 % for destruction of tanks and a landing (main task), 20 % for destruction BMPs, on 2 % for everyone (a minor but obligatory problem.) in the conditions of mission it is told - to destroy tanks and not less than 6 BMPs, it turns out 51 % - enough for transition to the following mission. If our armies are completely destroyed, mission in any case is failed. A maximum quantity of points in such missions - 59 %, do not pursue points, carry out of the task.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dzen the problem with 59% maximum score is once your average drops you can't get it back up! E.g. if you crash in a mission once say, just after take off, your average score will be hit so hard, 59% will never be enough to get it up and you won't be able to advance in the campaign.

Example

Mission 1 ----> win =59% (average score =59%)

goto mission 2

Misson 2 ----> win =59% (average score =59%)

goto mision 3

Mission 3 ---> crash =0% (average score =39%)

Refly mission 3

Mission 3 ---> win =59% (average score =44%)

goto mission 2

Mission 2 ---> win =59% (average score =47%)

goto mission 1

Mission 1 --> win =59% (average score =49%)

goto mission -1 or 1

Setting a win score of 100% would make things move forward better and reduce the 'cost' of dying.

Edited by McVittees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

The average score in campaign on what does not influence.

The mission score matters only.

From mission 3 success is equal 100 %

Edited by Dzen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So lets sum it up. The campaign score doesn't influence the phases(if you go forwards or backwards) only mission scores. Please Dzen clear this up for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The average score in campaign on what does not influence.

The mission score matters only.

From mission 3 success is equal 100 %

Okay, I could well be wrong - I'll check later on this eveing - but what else explains completing a mission and then having the fly the previous mission again afterwards? I hope I haven't got a bum download again! :)

So lets sum it up. The campaign score doesn't influence the phases(if you go forwards or backwards) only mission scores. Please Dzen clear this up for me.

That looks like what he's saying.

Edited by McVittees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like this cleared up too. [Thread Drift Pause]

Great campaign so far. I like the idea of dispensing with the pretense of "dynamic" and just tell a story and let the player progress along that story. Very entertaining.

[/Thread Drift Pause]

The manual could not be clearer about campaign scoring and progression. Average score is nothing but a number the player sees when he clicks on the campaign. The stages shift and missions are assigned purely on the score of the last mission played. That's the manual and as a guy working hard on writing a campaign that's how I WANT it to work. If that isn't how it works, It would be nice to know.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

The manual could not be clearer about campaign scoring and progression.

That was close - you could have shot me down with a 'RTFM' comment! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The atmosphere in this campaign is very good so far. Nice recordings and missions and I like the idea of a loner Ka 50 pilot. For me is working fine. It progress with the mission score and not the campaign average. Thanks for sharing this... Truly recommended!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I flew the mission substraction 3-4 times already, but I never get more than 50%?

Am I missing something? Who has comletetd that mission, already?

Just remind me what you have to do in this mission so I can guide you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]