What happened? Was getting 45fps and 17ms gpu time, now 23fps and 35ms

I'm a new VR player, Reverb G2 v2.  2080ti i9700k (upgrade inbound :-)).

I use WMR, and the OpenXR Toolkit with the great suggestions I got from folks here.  Initially, this thing worked GREAT!!!

Since yesterday, I noticed it drop in performance.  So I turned on the OpenXR overlay and sure enough, looks like performance cut in half.

Are there typical suggestions for what to try when something like this happens?  Thanks. 

Also, does DCS always open in Multi-thread now (since previous updates).  

MT is the default... 

for performance drops, this could come from a number of things, drivers can change things quite drastically, but notably just housekeeping e.g. PC hygiene .. running stuff in the background  can have a huge impact on perf... as can the mission 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ok... could it be voice attack? I'm not at my gaming pc now to test.  But that may be the only thing that is different.... now that I think of it, no.. I believe I had VA running while I was getting very good performance.

I just can't think of anything else that's running in the background.

Are any of the dcs EXE's more or less likely to have good performance?  I guess not since you're saying MT is default and I notice in lower right that it is in MT mode whenever i launch in VR.

Unlikely to be VA,  as to your question, sorry that's a bit of string questions

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Appreciate your patience and I understand I don't really have a specific question.

I've seen references in other threads/posts about things like, "here's what I did..."; or "try uninstalling XYZ"; or "only open programs in this order..."

If anyone has suggestions, I appreciate it.  I got a taste of VR, and it was delicious - so I want to go back for more... 

Nopee that should be irrelevant unless you installed software with it?

5 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

I'm a new VR player, Reverb G2 v2.  2080ti i9700k (upgrade inbound :-)).

I use WMR, and the OpenXR Toolkit with the great suggestions I got from folks here.  Initially, this thing worked GREAT!!!

Since yesterday, I noticed it drop in performance.  So I turned on the OpenXR overlay and sure enough, looks like performance cut in half.

Are there typical suggestions for what to try when something like this happens?  Thanks. 

Also, does DCS always open in Multi-thread now (since previous updates).  

Looks like you have changed the quality setting (raised the resolution, SSAA, MSAA, DLAA, etc.).

As always, try to show some pics of your setting (DCS and VR). Do you play DCS standalone?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

It seems you are on to something... if I hadn't spent 2.5 hours trying everything, and ultimately resetting back to default settings... I would have see tour post and it would have opened my eyes. In my efforts I finally noticed that the game was no longer using the VR page for graphics settings (which I've obviously made to be much lower).  So, in the end this was at least educational... if something awry in the future, I will know where to look first.

I'm back to a pretty steady 45fps, with some drops to 30 temporarily in specific situations. 

In the process, I also learned a but more about OpenXR toolkit/companion.

Thanks again.