Keeps CTD since last update.

=Pedro=
Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

Hi,

As in the tittle.

After few minutes in cockpit of my Viper, during C&D or sometimes few minutes after takeoff CTD. Every time. Cleaned and fully repaired.

Siming VR.

S!DCS-SRS-InGameRadio.logDCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.logDCS-SRS-GameGUI.logdcs.20240417-184551.crashdcs.logdcs.20240417-184551.dmp

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• Solution
2 minutes ago, =Pedro= said:

Hi,

As in the tittle.

After few minutes in cockpit of my Viper, during C&D or sometimes few minutes after takeoff CTD. Every time. Cleaned and fully repaired.

Siming VR.

S!DCS-SRS-InGameRadio.logDCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.logDCS-SRS-GameGUI.logdcs.20240417-184551.crashdcs.logdcs.20240417-184551.dmp

hello. just before your crash you get this line

2024-04-17 18:45:50.955 ALERT   EDCORE (8784): Out of memory in ed_malloc for 5592592 bytes.

you should increase your pagefile since you have only 32 GB of RAM.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-file-size-virtual-memory-windows

also you can lower your preload radius within DCS options.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Hi Silverdevil,

I increased my page file to 40GB (not enough, should be doubble the RAM amount?). Also have RTX 4090 with 24GB of VRAM. I have not been experiencing this kind of stuff before the latest patch. This time DCS CTDed as soon as I pressed A2G mode in my Viper.

Thanks for hleping me out of this.

Piotr.

dcs.20240417-193601.crash dcs.log DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.log DCS-SRS-GameGUI.log DCS-SRS-InGameRadio.log debrief.log ins_trace.kml.log real_trace.kml.log

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Did not save the new page file size. Now everything works as a charm 🙂

Thank You! S!

Piotr.

3 hours ago, =Pedro= said:

Hi Silverdevil,

I increased my page file to 40GB (not enough, should be doubble the RAM amount?). Also have RTX 4090 with 24GB of VRAM. I have not been experiencing this kind of stuff before the latest patch. This time DCS CTDed as soon as I pressed A2G mode in my Viper.

Thanks for hleping me out of this.

Piotr.

hello. MP missions especially need a lot of memory. Ram is definitely the best way. it is literally the easiest thing to upgrade. you just have to make sure you purchase the correct type for your system. i got my computer 3 years ago with 128 GB. it was well worth it.

i am glad you are working again, and i am glad to help. if you want to pursue RAM for your computer, let me know.

• Like 2

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

6 hours ago, =Pedro= said:

I increased my page file to 40GB (not enough, should be doubble the RAM amount?).

I think the general advice on this is that you want a combined 64GB from physical RAM and pagefile as a minimum.

I agree with SilverDevil that more physical RAM is better.  I have no actual evidence, more a feeling, but it seems like a min 64GB physical RAM is best, and more isn't a bad thing.

• Like 3