Why is there a wishlist thread

Hairdo1-1

Two ideas:

1. Even though ED has said time and time again that NTTR is complete and will see no additional features in the future (which is a sad thing to he honest), people won't stop cluttering the forum with those wishes, so ED needs to keep it in a constrained area to keep the forum clean.

2. ED likes to torture people by making them believe a wishlist forum makes their wishes being heard and then making them feel the pain of being ignored while hoping in futility. 

Other theories?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Volator said:

Other theories?

Somewhere down the road they may let a new dev loose on it to learn their craft and they'll look at wish list to see what good ideas for improvement are there.  Don't expect it near or likely medium term, but ED has been known to surprise us over the years with something they said they weren't going to do.

• Like 2

Even if it is feature complete, ED can still listen to ideas. DCS is not set in stone.

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Two ideas:
1. Even though ED has said time and time again that NTTR is complete and will see no additional features in the future (which is a sad thing to he honest), people won't stop cluttering the forum with those wishes, so ED needs to keep it in a constrained area to keep the forum clean.

2. ED likes to torture people by making them believe a wishlist forum makes their wishes being heard and then making them feel the pain of being ignored while hoping in futility. 

Other theories?
3. ED has proven time and time again that they keep saying no until they come with a surprise yes. Which I personally approve of. But that's just me.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

First wrap your head around "wish".  There are people who think if their wishes aren't implemented immediately, or at least before the end of the week, they they're being ignored.  Some wishes never come true.  Often that's a good thing.

Some day ED might crack that code and create NTTR2, which will be a completely new map using new technology and incorporating some, but certainly not all, of those suggestions...if that makes better sense than, say, Korea, because resources are limited and projects are not.

Actually, NTTR seems, on the surface at least, to be a relatively simple map.  A few airfields, some small towns, Craters of the Moon National Security Area, a few snakes, and one perfect city for carpet bombing.  If you were going to build an AI system for map creation that would be a pretty good candidate to test it.

Meanwhile I'm going to check the F-5 wish list, because sometimes dreams do come true...

• Like 2