I want my AI unit to sit quietly till activated.

mytai01
Go to solution Solved by mytai01,

I often fill the ramp full at airbases with AI aircraft, but I want them to startup and depart later in the mission. It seems the current system is ridiculously too involved with trigger lists and such. I want the aircraft on the map sitting there till time X, then startup and execute the mission. I don't understand why that can't be accomplished by setting the start time and clicking "unit on map?" Either way, the trigger list method isn't working now. I have a mission that uses "AI Task Push" that used to work, now I can't select any units on that option in a different mission. It's making crazy...

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Have your AI aircraft takeoff from ramp and select the "uncontrolled" option. Then add command "start" to triggered actions list and you can then use AI Task Push to trigger. Works great l just I learned how to do this today.

I could not figure out a way to have them take off from parking hot and hold them in parking on a delay. Startup takes a couple minutes once you trigger it, that might depend on the individual aircraft though just have to test it out and adjust.

Another way is to change the start time on the takeoff waypoint for the aircraft to a time later than mission start time, it works, but the aircraft are not visible until their start time. I couldn't figure out a way to force them to be visible pre-start. I guess you could do some trickery with a static aircraft serving as placeholder until AI aircraft start time and then deactivate the static aircraft on AI start time or maybe like a second prior or something.

Anyway the first method using the "uncontrolled" option worked great. Suggest trying that.

Edited by Priest
Couldn't figure out a way to deactivate a static within ME so stuck that idea out.

17 hours ago, Priest said:

Have your AI aircraft takeoff from ramp and select the "uncontrolled" option. Then add command "start" to triggered actions list and you can then use AI Task Push to trigger. Works great l just I learned how to do this today.

I could not figure out a way to have them take off from parking hot and hold them in parking on a delay. Startup takes a couple minutes once you trigger it, that might depend on the individual aircraft though just have to test it out and adjust.

Another way is to change the start time on the takeoff waypoint for the aircraft to a time later than mission start time, it works, but the aircraft are not visible until their start time. I couldn't figure out a way to force them to be visible pre-start. I guess you could do some trickery with a static aircraft serving as placeholder until AI aircraft start time and then deactivate the static aircraft on AI start time or maybe like a second prior or something.

Anyway the first method using the "uncontrolled" option worked great. Suggest trying that.

I looked at the "Triggers" menu. There's no "start" command in either "triggers," or "conditions," or "actions." It doesn't matter if I select "uncontrolled," or not. If I enter 6:30am on WP0, in a mission that starts at 6:00am, the unit is absent until 6:30. This is not what I want. I want the unit sitting there from 6:00am, then start at 6:30. To me, this should be the default in game. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make that happen...I don't understand why that is not the norm.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Start is a triggered action for the group, under Commands. You won't find it under the trigger menu, unless it was added on a unit, then it shows as an option for AI Task Push.

DCS works as it does because uncontrolled was added some time after late activation (which is the same as changing the start time).

It is also useful to have the start command tied to triggers and not WP0 time because then you can make AI start in reaction to events, like an enemy attack of unknown time.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Like Exorcet said, it’s not under Triggers menus. To be more specific to his post about Commands, it’s a button or two to the right of the Loadout button.

1. Select that button (Triggered Actions), then Perform Command > “Start.”

2. Also as he said, check “Uncontrolled” (NOT Late Activation)

3. Select Takeoff from Ramp/Parking, whatever it’s called. Not at my PC. Just make sure it starts Cold. 

4. Then go into Triggers and set it up. You will choose how you want it triggered, and you’ll select “AI Task Push” and select “Start.”

Outta work just fine.  Have fun!

(I believe it’s called AI Task Push. It’s the first option in that section on the right side of the Triggers menu. Again, not at my PC.)

Edited by CL30

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I figured it out from examining one of my old missions.

First, there are two menus in the ME that need to be addressed. The "set rules for trigger" menuimage.jpeg, and the "airplane group" menu. The first thing to do is select the airplane group you want to act on by selecting it on the map, then the "airplane group" information comes up. Select "uncontrolled" but, don't change the start time. Then select the "action triggers" button (the one with the vertical yellow line)>"add" button>"perform command">"start." You can name it anything you want.

Then, select "set rules for trigger" button. You see three boxes, "triggers," "conditions," "action." In "triggers," select, "once," "no event." In "conditions," select "more time," and how many seconds you want before start. In "actions," pick "AI task push," then pick the unit you want. Do this for each unit you want.

Edited by mytai01