DCS Freezing

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I already had and wrote about this problem here, I thought the problem would be fixed, but it happened again with the last 3 updates, this is perhaps the most beautiful but at the same time the most unstable version I know, at least compared to the previous version 2.8 the most stable version for me. Freezing the image in the plane happens for about a minute, maybe 2 minutes and after that the DCS continues, so it doesn't crash but stops, this is very unsafe. My computer configuration has been the same for 3 years, I've never encountered something like this before , here is the log:

dcs.log real_trace.kml.log.old real_trace.kml.log ins_trace.kml.log.old ins_trace.kml.log

• Solution

Your GPU is getting old for DCS.

2024-04-22 14:03:41.053 INFO    DX11BACKEND (13808): ATI Adapter Radeon RX 570 Series

And you should try and set a bigger pagefile if you have a fast drive with enough free space:

2024-04-22 14:03:29.678 INFO    APP (Main): CPU cores: 6, threads: 12, System RAM: 16332 MB, Pagefile: 12800 MB

Also, feel free to try these steps:

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

And you should try and set a bigger pagefile if you have a fast drive with enough free space:

As for the SSD disk and I have a lot of free space, 561 GB is free. Although I did not understand what you mean by: Set a larger page file

This guide will help you: https://mcci.com/support/guides/how-to-change-the-windows-pagefile-size/

In your case, I recommend these values:

• Init size: 32768 (32GB)
  • Max size: 32768 (32GB)

Windows uses a pagefile in order to relieve the system fast memory (RAM). The more RAM a PC has, the less page fle it needs. Your PC has 16GB of RAM, and DCS can very greedy when it comes to memory. A bigger pagefile might help, as long as the drive hosting the pagefile is fast.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.