Mirage F1 & 2000c lover looking for a squadron

Hi there, I adore the Mirage F1 and the 2000c and would love to find a squadron to call home. Preferably, I'd like to find a place where I can fly with other Mirage pilots. I'm still a newer pilot, and I'll need to shake some rust off for either Mirage as I haven't used them in a minute, but I can do that. I would very much prefer to find a place to fly the Mirage F1, but I also like the 2000c if I just can't find a place.

I'm in the Eastern USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nebula.

Let me know if you have any luck. I have been trying to find an F1, 2000, or AJS-37 squadron forever. We have so many great mid-late Cold War aircraft that never find a place in organized flights or weekly campaigns. Such a pity that only the Hornets and Vipers of the world get any attention. If you would like to fly sometime, shoot me a DM.

Hallsy.

• Like 1

Hi,

i'm from Germany and i also looking for an european/german M2k squadron...and i also found nothing...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

6 hours ago, Panny said:

In future months DCAF will be running up a Cold War component focussing on the Phantom and Mirage F1, but this will take time to run up.

Well, I'm curious about it because I'm interested in both aircraft. What is DCAF?

3 minutes ago, Nebula_Creates said:

Well, I'm curious about it because I'm interested in both aircraft. What is DCAF?

This page is linked here is an overview. If you hop into the Discord and look up the noticeboard channel a few weeks back you'll see the Cold War announcement. It's too long an  announcement to post here. But the TL;DR is it gives an outline as to what the syllabus will look like and our current priorities to get it working. Feel free to DM me if you have any Qs. Apologies it's nothing that can be offered now, but I've seen it's a common trend that there aren't 'big time' Cold War groups out there just yet, so I thought I'd just mention there is something on the horizon.

Website | Digital Coalition Air Force | Discord

Would be interesting. Often the problem seems to be with these large groups, the CW stuff gets pushed to the wayside for the classic F16 shenanigans. I may put something together soon if there is enough interest.

1 hour ago, Hallsy said:

Would be interesting. Often the problem seems to be with these large groups, the CW stuff gets pushed to the wayside for the classic F16 shenanigans. I may put something together soon if there is enough interest.

Let me know if you do. I really like Cold War aircraft.

Yeah, so DCAF CW would run separately to its 4th gen counterparts, and base gameplay would revolve around the mid-70s. The logic and rationale for it still being part of DCAF is that it can quite easily grow out of the existing infrastructure DCAF has, which means it's a fair bit less work than going from scratch, given that the administrative processes are already in place.

Website | Digital Coalition Air Force | Discord

Hey, so a place called NATOJO that I joined to try out the Jeff is actually attempting to reform their Mirage 2000c squadron as part of a combined task force for a few of the less popular airframes like the M2K, Viggen, and JF-17 called ARROW. I know several of you asked me to let you guys know if I found a place so it might be a place to look.

"ALA 14 Sabre" hasn't yet reformed because... well... no other Mirage pilots, but it's something they are trying to put back together. I haven't gotten to fly with them yet due to some IRL commitments and trying to learn a new airframe, but they host a Weekly Operation on Sundays.

They're regenerating their invite links atm, but I'll either update this post or someone in leadership over there will be along to post a link/recruitment soon.

• Like 1

Here's a link to the recruitment post that the community I was talking about just put up. Again, I haven't gotten to fly with them yet due to IRL stuff, but they have a home for Mirages (F1 and 2000c) Viggens, and JF-17s and everyone has been really nice to me so far:

I think they're looking for leadership for Sabre, their Mirage group, and another as well I believe.