Jettison wingtip missiles

lengro
Go to solution Solved by fausete,

The F1CE has a guarded button "LARG. EXT." which releases the wingtip missiles.

This button seems to have been removed from the F1EE.

I'm curious why, anyone knows?

Edited by lengro
  • Like 1

So the guarded button is to be used once you select the stations to be jettisoned. There is a switch next to it and up is outer pylons middle is inner and down is the belly. However, the outer pylons do not include the wingtips, but rather their pylon closest to the wing tips. There is not much weight or drag with the wingtip missiles. You can fire them off pretty quick if you wanted to get rid of them. There is also an emergency jettison button, that drops all stores, but still not the tips.

Yes sure, I know how the jettison works, I was just wondering why F1CE has a dedicated button for the wingtips but not the F1EE?

1 hour ago, Iron Sights said:

You can fire them off pretty quick if you wanted to get rid of them.

I did try, but I'm clueless as to how to launch them unarmed and without a heat source

Thanks, I've tried holding the button for at least 10 secs, but for some reason I can only launch F1EE wingtip missiles on a hot target (other jet or sun)

There is another thread regarding an issue with the standby growl sound. I've experienced that too. Maybe it's related and the launch logic is still work in progres.

Hi guys,

The logic is not WIP, a refactor was carried out a couple of months ago to prepare the code for the F1M and the F-104, which introduced some bugs (the fix will be available in the next update).

Regarding the missiles, launch only occurs when a heat source is present. We will ask our SMEs why the jettison button was removed in the EE.

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi, our SMEs have responded. Apparently there is a little mistake in our implementation, as the wingtip missile jettison was not protected by a weight on wheels switch (we will correct this). This means that, IRL, this button was extremely dangerous, as the jettison could be activated on the ground. As a consequence, at least in the SpAF, the button was deactivated very early on and then removed in subsequent versions of the aircraft (EE and M).

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, fausete said:

as the wingtip missile jettison was not protected by a weight on wheels switch (we will correct this). 

Looking forward to blowing up trucks on the tarmac 🙂

• Like 3

Appreciate the quick feedback, even tho i wasn't the one asking
Amazing to see devs actually staying in contact with the community!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430