Data cartridges not loaded hot from runway

I know this was brought up many years ago, but just noticed it's still a thing: When loading on runway or starting hot, the data cartridge has not been loaded. I feel this should already be done as it's part of the startup process. 

When I load on the runway everything should be ready to go. Anyone else feel this way?

• Like 3

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

You don't even have to open the cockpit, just push in the data cartridge. It'll already be loaded. It's not put in, probably because you might want to change your loadout before you load the DTC. Even then you don't need to open the cockpit and have them update the DTC, it'll already be updated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 9:22 PM, dresoccer4 said:

I know this was brought up many years ago, but just noticed it's still a thing: When loading on runway or starting hot, the data cartridge has not been loaded. I feel this should already be done as it's part of the startup process. 

When I load on the runway everything should be ready to go. Anyone else feel this way?

Nope, hot runway start almost always means you'll still change your loadout. If you do that while cartridge is out it gets updated automatically. So right now hotstart is like that:
- rearm

- plug in the cartridge

- load data

If it was your way it would be:

- rearm

- take the cartridge out

- open the canopy

- request a cartridge update

- after update close the canopy

- plug in the cartridge

- load data

On 5/19/2024 at 12:26 PM, tekwoj said:

Nope, hot runway start almost always means you'll still change your loadout. If you do that while cartridge is out it gets updated automatically. So right now hotstart is like that:
- rearm

- plug in the cartridge

- load data

If it was your way it would be:

- rearm

- take the cartridge out

- open the canopy

- request a cartridge update

- after update close the canopy

- plug in the cartridge

- load data

why would you rearm if you're already on the runway ready for takeoff? you set your loadout in the mission screen

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

On 5/6/2024 at 3:22 AM, dresoccer4 said:

born on rwy, dtc loaded. hot parking not.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |