? Edit the knee board location and size?

Aronis

I was not sure where to post this question.

I have the MDF displays so when I open the Knee Board it is huge and goes across the main screen down onto the MDF screen.  I just adjust it each time.  But just curious is there is a setting in the config file where you can specify the size and location of the kneeboard?

Mike

To my knowledge you have to alter the core files, which I believe breaks IC. If you have VoiceAttack, you can make a command that moves and resize it, that will not break IC.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Maxsenna,

I have voice attack.  what would be the command format?
Thank you,
Mike 
It takes a little work/effort. What you have to do. Make a new command, like "move kneeboard". Then you add a special(?), mouse move command, move the mouse to where you can click the top of the kneeboard to move it, and capture the position, then you add a mouse click down/hold action. Then drag the kneeboard to the desired position, then another mouse move action and capture the position. And finally add a mouse click button up/release action, and you're all good. This procedure can also be used to resize the kneeboard. Of course the kneeboard needs to be at it's default position at mission start. If you don't do Multiplayer, altering the Lua, and push it with a mod manager, is of course a more elegant solution, but as I wrote, I'm positive this breaks IC unfortunately. Best solution would be to be able to have these altered files in Saved Games, or be able to save the position.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

I just edited the Viewporthandling file and that did the trick.  So far seems ok. 

Using Voiceattack to do this is also a very interesting idea. I added some commands (like "Eject Eject Eject" and "Next page" and "Previous Page").

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Best solution would be to be able to have these altered files in Saved Games, or be able to save the position.

That’d be good.

Where can I get a voice attack for my neighbour? She keeps messing about moving peoples bins. 🤪

• Like 1