A detail about the Apache air conditioning system and the cockpit windows...

JetCat

Maybe this wish is not that exciting because it has nothing to do with ultra-high-tech stuff and offers no thrilling new systems and features, but it´s just for immersion.

Please make the cockpit or gunner front cockpit temperature on the air conditioning page get the same temps as the outside temperature while someone has it´s cockpit side window open.

Small detail but adds so much to the realism when starting in cold scenarios and seeing the cockpit temps go down again (or heat up, for example in Nevada) when that cockpit side window is opened. :cold::furious:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To be honest I don´t know.

It says cockpit CPG and PLT (both cockpits are separated by a glass in the middle) and ECS EFAB aft and forward temp, no further description available when just looking at the temp screen:

Screen-240501-131920.jpg

In this Apache manual it says "cockpit temperature target setting" which means it´s a cockpit temperature sensor, not an air conditioning outlet air temp sensor 🙂

2024-05-10-21-43-43-Greenshot.jpg

2024-05-10-21-43-20-Greenshot.jpg

By the way this manual has more pages than my Falcon 4.0 book back in the early 2000! Flight simulation is getting better and better, soon it will become so realistic that pilots will refuse flying real planes and helis because they are not as good and realistic as the simulated one in VR.

Edited by JetCat
Reading for more details about the air condition in Chucks Apache handbook
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I’m gonna throw guess out there that it might be talking about ECS exhaust temp, but I’m not gonna claim to know that to be true. If the cockpit air feeds the cockpit displays, you’d wanna know it so you don’t inadvertently fry them pushing hot air across them. 

At the same time, I could be totally wrong and the apache has some sort of climate control system built into it.  And maybe so since you are so consumed with hands on stick and collective so much to be fiddling with environmental controls. 

Edited by Rainmaker

• ED Team

From the DCS AH-64D Early Access Guide.

image.png

57 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I’m gonna throw guess out there that it might be talking about ECS exhaust temp

There are separate indications for the ECS supply and return temperatures for each compartment for each ECS system, but they are buried in some other MPD pages that are not implemented in DCS AH-64D.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head