Dogfighting vs MiG-21Bis?

Go to solution Solved by Volator,

Was just messing around with the F-15C against some AI MiG-21Bis and...

I have to say I expected getting a guns kill on a MiG-21 in an F-15 to be easier, not for the MiG-21 to be apparently faster and more maneuverable. 

What's the best way to handle the F-15 in close?  I'm coming from having mostly flown the F-14B and apparently they're very different when going for guns kills.

Have you tried paying Razbam?  It's starting to look like NOT paying Razbam isn't working too good.

4 hours ago, Volator said:

The AI generally sucks because it overperforms in terms of aerodynamics and thrust. Against a human-flown enemy things are usually much easier in that regard. 

Perhaps that's it then.  I kept getting him on my nose but finding myself unable to get set up for a guns kill and unable to hang with him, eventually he'd slip me and we'd wind up turning fighting for advantage again.

Have you tried paying Razbam?  It's starting to look like NOT paying Razbam isn't working too good.

On 5/18/2024 at 8:48 PM, PhantomHans said:

I kept getting him on my nose but finding myself unable to get set up for a guns kill and unable to hang with him, eventually he'd slip me and we'd wind up turning fighting for advantage again.

Seems like you have no problem getting on his six just that he jinks and don't cooperate with your aim. That's fine. IRL training you'd call "Guns guns guns" and you win. In a combat mission you'd use Fox2 and be done with it.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria