1950 256mb VS 8600GT 512mb

DX10 means nuthing unless playing a DX10 game witch I thing he is not doing. Flight sims only Right bud. I would go with the 8600GT and with Ntune you can OC the card. Just go in small incroments and test wile watching the GPU temp. I added a extra fan in my case that points direttly at the vid card to keep cool air on, it Helps aloot.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I added a extra fan in my case that points direttly at the vid card to keep cool air on, it Helps aloot.

I have a 24cm fan aimed at my video card (plus some secondary air from the other 24cm fan aimed at my HDD). And yeah, that thing is cool. :D

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yeah I think I'll swap them out then when I get a chance. I managed to grab three so my old PCs gonna go SLI (if possible) while the new one will go single 8600! Wish the new PC had dual PCIE slots....... dam!

Thanks for the advice, got sidetracked for a few days and remembered I posted this lol!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I think I'll swap them out then when I get a chance. I managed to grab three so my old PCs gonna go SLI (if possible) while the new one will go single 8600! Wish the new PC had dual PCIE slots....... dam!

Thanks for the advice, got sidetracked for a few days and remembered I posted this lol!

But wait! There's more:

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=513&card2=500

nice to be sure. ;)

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Both GFx cards are strong enough to squeeze all the FPS you can get which means both GFx cards have no trouble running LOFC/BS in it's full feature!

This also means that FPS are no more GFx dependant but CPU becomes your bottleneck!

So IMHO, I'd go with DX10 card as it has some future for playing newer games that support Dx10...but don't expect better results with Dx10 GFX at least not in LOFC-BS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what kind of x1950 do you have? pro or xt(x)? in any case the 1950, even the pro version, is a lot more powerful than the 8600 gt, depending on the resolution about 20-30%, even faster than the 8600 gts. dx10 doesnt mean much, since the 8600 gt is too slow for it anyway.

if you don't believe me, just google for benchmarks about the 8600gt and x1950.

• Like 1

I have the pro but the max res I can get is 1024x768 due to the limitations to my projector. Its a win win situation either way because I have the cards already, just the chore of swapping them out to find out! I guess I need to get off my butt and do it. At least one machine is getting a makeover with 2 8600GTs in SLI (if it works).

Thanks for all the help really appreciate it.

EDIT: As for DX10 not really interested yet and don't want Vista.