Afterburner detent deadzone does not work

some1

The setting in the options has no effect, there is no deadzone for afterburner detent.

I use split throttle with separate axis for left and right engine.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Might be a case of double-checking mappings and options? Mine was off at first but fine after setting detent to 75 and deadzone to 10 in Options > Special (which is consistent with what I have set to for F-15E, also with independent axes for each engine).

38 minutes ago, lengro said:

Same here, detent point can be adjusted and works as expected, but not the dead zone. I tried increasing the dead zone to 50% but didn't notice a difference

Ah OK, I think I also have some dead zone for the detent dialled in at controller level too (Virpil TM3) so not sure how the in-game setting ties in with that.

Same here, detent point can be adjusted and works as expected, but not the dead zone. I tried increasing the dead zone to 50% but didn't notice a difference
Dead zone is not a per cent quantity. It is per thousand. If you set it to 50, it will be 5%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, escaner said:

Dead zone is not a per cent quantity. It is per thousand. If you set it to 50, it will be 5%

Not according to Heatblur's own manual. Either way, doesn't work.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 134056.jpg

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Not according to Heatblur's own manual. Either way, doesn't work.
Screenshot2024-05-23134056.thumb.jpg.aed2f511e57120a8dcc097591fe5e9e8.jpg
That is how it works for me, I spent like an hour yesterday until noticed that the symbol for the deadzone is not % but o/oo. The manual is correct although confusing, because to set that 2% deadzone, you need to input a value of 20 o/oo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

31 minutes ago, escaner said:

That is how it works for me, I spent like an hour yesterday until noticed that the symbol for the deadzone is not % but o/oo.

Right, that is actually a tiny o/oo. Thanks! 

38 minutes ago, escaner said:

That is how it works for me, I spent like an hour yesterday until noticed that the symbol for the deadzone is not % but o/oo. The manual is correct although confusing, because to set that 2% deadzone, you need to input a value of 20 o/oo.

Ok, now I see what you mean, you need to set a large number there to actually see any effect at all.

So for example 100 on the slider is a 10% deadzone, and contrary to what the manual says, it's the total deadzone size, so +- 5% on each side of the detent.