Exte tank not feeding, IFF preventing radio from being used

Posted (edited)

I got two issues.

Centerline ext. tank , not feeding or registered. I thought it was automatic. Note that knee pad shows no internal fuel, while there is a external centerline tank.

IFF on preventing VHF radio (FF manual) mode from transmitting.

M2KC_extFuelTank_notDetected.jpg

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

I haven't tested this out myself but are we sure it's *supposed* to transfer fuel from external tanks while on the ground? Other aircraft (like the Hornet for example) won't transfer from external tanks until the landing gear are up. Some like the F-4 have specific operating procedures that say not to turn on external tank transfers until you are off the ground as well to prevent accidental fuel leaks or anything like that as the tanks are pressurized.

6 hours ago, jibfreeekout said:

I haven't tested this out myself but are we sure it's *supposed* to transfer fuel from external tanks while on the ground? Other aircraft (like the Hornet for example) won't transfer from external tanks until the landing gear are up. Some like the F-4 have specific operating procedures that say not to turn on external tank transfers until you are off the ground as well to prevent accidental fuel leaks or anything like that as the tanks are pressurized.

I get that. But the knee pad would still show available fuel. Internal and external. External tank is not registering by the sim.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2024 at 1:00 AM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Centerline ext. tank , not feeding or registered. I thought it was automatic. Note that knee pad shows no internal fuel, while there is a external centerline tank.

There is a convenient fuel control panel in the cockpit for monitoring fuel. The kneeboard is not the tool for this.
Maybe you wanna read up how it works on page 78 of the manual...

Screenshot_11.png

Btw the external tank does feed on ground.