[FREEZE] DCS 2.9 freezes on loading a mission, log's provided.

Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

What happened?

-After updating a script the mission stopped loading. The loading bar does not appear, just the text "loading..." down below.

-After reverting to a previous version of the mission, it still froze at the same point. I use a SVN SourceForge revision system, so a mistake is impossible. This .miz is known to have worked.

-Updating GPU drivers as well as updating the sim yielded the same results, no changes.

-Deleting and remaking the saved games folder also didn't lead to any desirable outcomes. 

-I can start other missions, just not these. It seems to be some limitation or bug.

Ideas:

-Is there a size limit to .miz files? My .miz is about 45mb because of >100 audio files.

-Is there a line limit to scripts? Mine is >1500 lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've provided the log files down below and I'm ready to provide any files required.

Cheers 

dcs.log.old dcs.log

My Stuff:    I've got basic 3D CAD knowledge, intermediate LUA/C# knowledge and high DCS mission editor, scripting and livery creation skills.

Hit me up if Your needs overlap with my abilities. 

I'm developing an Ace Combat-04 inspired campaign/fan fiction. If You are a hobby storywriter, Ace Combat fan or green beret at DCS scripting and/or want to embed Your ideas into this passion project, DM me.  

image.png

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@cerious1409

4 hours ago, cerious1409 said:

-Is there a size limit to .miz files? My .miz is about 45mb because of >100 audio files.

the forum has a 50 MB limit. otherwise you need to share it another way. only way we can check the mission is to be able to run it. have you tried the trick to opening the mission in the new DCS version and then saving it again?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“The MIGS came up, the MIGS were aggressive, we tangled, they lost.”

- Robin Olds - An American fighter pilot. He was a triple ace.

The only man to ever record a confirmed kill while in glide mode.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb silverdevil:

the forum has a 50 MB limit. otherwise you need to share it another way. only way we can check the mission is to be able to run it. have you tried the trick to opening the mission in the new DCS version and then saving it again?

I meant a limit inside DCS, not inside the forums. I tried opening it and saving it in the new DCS version, it also led to a freeze. I let it there for a few hours and it was still stuck at the "loading... "

My Stuff:    I've got basic 3D CAD knowledge, intermediate LUA/C# knowledge and high DCS mission editor, scripting and livery creation skills.

I'm developing an Ace Combat-04 inspired campaign/fan fiction. If You are a hobby storywriter, Ace Combat fan or green beret at DCS scripting and/or want to embed Your ideas into this passion project, DM me.  

image.png

• Solution
2 hours ago, cerious1409 said:

I meant a limit inside DCS, not inside the forums. I tried opening it and saving it in the new DCS version, it also led to a freeze. I let it there for a few hours and it was still stuck at the "loading... "

ah. i am unsure of a limit for MIZs. i personally have a MIZ that is 75 MB. back to my question from before. can you share the mission? all the supposition is not going to get us anywhere helping you.

• Thanks 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb silverdevil:

ah. i am unsure of a limit for MIZs. i personally have a MIZ that is 75 MB. back to my question from before. can you share the mission? all the supposition is not going to get us anywhere helping you.

I fixed it. Stupid mistake on my end. I loaded too many sound files at once. I now changed the .wav's to .ogg and created a sound library inside the .miz, so I don't have to load them in via triggers. That fixed the issue

image.png

14 minutes ago, cerious1409 said:

I fixed it. Stupid mistake on my end. I loaded too many sound files at once. I now changed the .wav's to .ogg and created a sound library inside the .miz, so I don't have to load them in via triggers. That fixed the issue

good to hear. have fun and clear skies!

2 hours ago, cerious1409 said:

Thanks for coming back with the solution!  It may help someone else that runs into the same thing in the future.