Multiple controllers

So after finishing the manual (though I am sure I am going to need to reread a lot of it) and going through the tutorials I started hammering out a control profile for my Saitek. With not having a Track IR (yet) I needed to map out a buncha controls in order to keep my hunt-clicking within the cockpit to a minimum so I don't lose situational awareness.

I realized after a bit that I also have my trusty Nostromo N52 sitting on the sideline here and after looking at it I realized it has almost the exact same layout as the Ka50 Datalink pad. I would imagine there should be no problem using both the Nostromo and Saitek at the same time .. but figured I would ask before I head home tonight and try it and see if anyone has run in to any problems doing such a setup.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

I'm using CH pedals, a Saitek X-45, and cachya (head tracking SW) which provides an additional virtual joystick.

The game handles all 3 controllers fine. When you go in options, you'll have a column for each available controller and can setup mappings for them.

I have noticed what seems to be a bug where occasionally you'll load the game and go into options and some of the mappings from one controller will have been copied over to the other columns.

As for setting up mappings, I used to have a very detailed setup for my X-45 in Falcon, however, I since have moved more towards wanting to use the cockpit switches instead. Although I'm sure this sacrifices some efficiency, it seems a bit more immersive to use the controls in the cockpit. So I think that's the way I'm heading with BS. Its especially doable given head tracking. We'll see how it goes though.

• ED Team
I have noticed what seems to be a bug where occasionally you'll load the game and go into options and some of the mappings from one controller will have been copied over to the other columns.
It's not a bug. Until you change and save current profile (pressing OK in CONTROLS window), game uses 'default' profiles, they are defined in 'default.lua' files in input folders. And, of course, these default profiles are the same for all connected devices.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

It's not a bug. Until you change and save current profile (pressing OK in CONTROLS window), game uses 'default' profiles, they are defined in 'default.lua' files in input folders. And, of course, these default profiles are the same for all connected devices.

no, I've setup everyting, then saved it as a profile and clicked OK. then next time I launch the sim and go into options, they're copied over to the other columns again. Then I click load to ensure I'm getting my saved profile and they're still there. So there is some sort of bug with the controller options.

• ED Team
then saved it as a profile and clicked OK.
(my bold)

Why do you save profiles in a such way? It's enough just press OK button in thw OPTIONS window - all custom profiles will be saved.

There is only one known small bug (already fixed in patch) - when you use Windows hotkeys (like Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) in dialogue of 'SAVE PROFILE AS' and 'LOAD PROFILE', Input subsystem will save (or load) current profile in a wrong device (see FAQ #12 http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=568718&postcount=12 ), so please don't use any hotkeys in input options GUI.

If you discover new 'bug' - please, read manual, FAQ and this Forum.

Nevertheless, of course, we will thoroughly investigate all your reports - 'nobody's perfect'

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I have 5 CH controllers + TrackIR 4 and I still need some more buttons ;)

I have 72 working switches in my home build pit and a X52. and I still need more as well.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/