DoDoSim 206 for FSX released!

crazysundog

I have been waiting for this bird for a long time...finally advanced helicopter flight dynamics and persistent wear and tear in FSX!!!

http://www.dodosim.com/index.html

Like all good addons for FSX it is expensive...I will post a review here soon.

**EDIT** I see there is a Huey Dodosim(Vietnam era) coming soon as well, I may wait and buy that instead!

Edited by crazysundog

the manual...

Well, after consulting with my better half and mother of my child, I have been informed that I can buy the Dodosim206 as soon as the Devil wears a toque and learns to iceskate!! :cry:

To make matters worse, I've come across the manual (88pages) which details the physics modelled in the 206. It appears that the creators had to develop a brand new physics engine (external to the FSX airfile) that makes the bird fly realistically!

An excerpt from the manual:

Flight Dynamics:

More authentic handling: The helicopter exhibits a pendulum tendency at low airspeeds due

to the interaction of the fuselage mass and the rotor system and a slight instability in the hover

means that the pilot must constantly work with the controls to hold a steady position.

Torque-Induced Yaw: The pilot must counter the tendency of the transmission to turn the

aircraft in opposition to the rotors at low airspeeds using the anti-torque, (rudder), pedals.

Transverse Flow Effect: The pilot must counter the tendency of the helicopter to pitch up and

to the right as it accelerates from the hover into forward, (or any directional), flight.

Flap Back: The pilot must counter the tendency of the nose to try and pitch up as forward

airspeed increases.

Translating Tendency: The pilot needs to oppose the helicopter’s tendency to try and slide

right in the hover with a left cyclic input.

Dis-symmetry of Lift: The pilot must counter the greater lift generated by the advancing blade

in forward flight with right cyclic, (stick), control.

Induced Flow Rotor RPM modulation: The pilot must use collective pitch and helicopter

attitude to manage the rotor RPM, which can rise or fall depending on the angle and strength of

the airflow through it.

Rotor Droop: The pilot must make smooth and careful collective pitch changes to avoid

overloading the engine output and loosing rotor RPM.

Vortex Ring State: The pilot must ensure that descents are performed that do not allow the

helicopter to recycle its own down-wash and accelerate its descent uncontrollably.

Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness: The pilot must manage low speed turns carefully in windy

conditions where the vortices from the main rotor or wind strength alone can reduce the ability

of the tail rotor to maintain the heading or perform a turn. Extra care is needed to prevent

violent “weather-vaning” in a strong tail wind.

Retreating Blade Stall: Exceeding maximum speed, (dependent on gross weight and altitude),

will cause the helicopter to pitch and roll as lift is lost from the retreating blade.

Tail wind effect on Horizontal Stabiliser: - Tail winds at very low speeds or hover may lift the

tail’s horizontal stabiliser, requiring forward cyclic input to compensate.

Here's the link to the manual(zip) http://www.dodosim.com/img/x206/mandraftx206.zip

I now have to sell my spare joysticks on EBAY to earn enough money for this bird!! Anyone interested in an X52 Hotas mated onto a MSFFB2?!

:pilotfly:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I was also interested in that Dodosim stuff before the release of DCS:BS.

A brand new physics engine? I would like to see or test it by myself before considering to buy it. When u have it than pls post a review here.:)

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Dodo Must have perchase for Fsx!

Definitely worth purchasing, been flying the Dodo since Fs9 is the most realistic helicopter available for fs9 (the best add on helo I have for fs9)

Now Got the FSX VERSION Improved flight Dynamic Better VC, Sling line capabilities with FSX Acceleration. The Best most Realistic Helicopter for FSX.

Must have Purchase if you want to fly helos realistically in FSX!

Cheers

Redeye:)

i7 8700k, 16GB Nvidea GTX 1070 8GB, Gygabyte z370 Aorus ultra Gaming ,Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000mhz,Samsung evo970 M.2 500GB

Anybody have an idea when the UH-1 comes out? The 206 can't help but bore me especially when I can just fly the KA-50 by comparison ;)

No release date yet.

Though, there is the support forum for Dodosim over at Hovercontrol.com. Here is the link to a thread named Huey-Diary;): http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=46;t=11985;st=520

EDIT: Thanks for you input redeyemingo! I´m with element1108 and more interested in the Huey, though. To busy with the Ka-50 for now.

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Love FSX but there is a big draw back to FS serie.. the FM engine is bad.. when i say bad .. bad on extreme manouveurs.. Aerobatics moves are all bad.. alas.

When creating a Sim the devlopers should defenitly test on those extreme then built on it..

Fly it like you stole it..

Definitely worth purchasing, been flying the Dodo since Fs9 is the most realistic helicopter available for fs9 (the best add on helo I have for fs9)

Now Got the FSX VERSION Improved flight Dynamic Better VC, Sling line capabilities with FSX Acceleration. The Best most Realistic Helicopter for FSX.

Must have Purchase if you want to fly helos realistically in FSX!

Cheers

Redeye:)

Thanks for the input, I havent heard a bad review about this thing yet....and I just talked the boss into letting me get this bird!!

(and by talk, I mean drove her to the wine country for a day to visit some vineyards!! This thing cost me! :pilotfly:)

Love FSX but there is a big draw back to FS serie.. the FM engine is bad.. when i say bad .. bad on extreme manouveurs.. Aerobatics moves are all bad.. alas.

When creating a Sim the devlopers should defenitly test on those extreme then built on it..

It's not SO bad as it looks on replays where movement of aircraft is shown by sectors. Real time flying is OK.

I dont know what your talking about. Ive never had problems doing acrobatic maneuvers. Certainly tons better than anything in LOMAC (not FC Sues). Not even XP9 will get you realistic heli maneuvers.

I dont know what your talking about. Ive never had problems doing acrobatic maneuvers. Certainly tons better than anything in LOMAC (not FC Sues). Not even XP9 will get you realistic heli maneuvers.

Yes, but there is Black Shark.

I suppose if you wanna sling stuff around then DoDoSim is the thing for you. Otherwise it's Black Shark for the rest of us :thumbup:

After spending a couple days flying the DODOSim 206, I can positively say this is THE heli to fly!! (in FSX that is!! heheh)

Flying this thing has made me realize how easy life is in the Shark, with all the dampener's and autohover, autopilot, and contra-rotating rotors!

I'll post pics and/or a short vid later, if I have time... ;)

I am finally experiencing full-blown ETL, something never seen before in an FSX addon to my knowledge. I hope to use the DODO to help me get better at handling a chopper, which I hope helps me get a headstart when DCS:Apache arrives!!

Nice mate! Yeah I folded and purchased it...having a great time with it! I like that location of your vid, where abouts is that? Nice mix of hills and valley's.

I enjoy flying the models that require a lot of attention. Razorback's P47 with accusim is probably my favorite plane to fly due to all the engine management and sounds that accompany it.

Dodo is definitely worth the price for the experience it gives. Although I'm looking forward to the UH-1 ... favorite helicopter.

Edited by element1108

Hah, I folded and got the Razorback!! only took it for a brief flight so far, but with that, REX, the Dodo, Shockwaves lights, and the F4U corsair ( that I never fly), my FSX downloads are up over $200!! I hope my wife never reads this, she would kill me if she knew the true cost of fanatacism!

Those shots were taken @ South Lake Tahoe.

*Edit* loving this razorback...

731090893_fsx2009-04-1916-32-59-44.thumb.jpg.94d063c9e53a692f597a42d9312d39cf.jpg

gggg2.thumb.jpg.8e106fddfd2552c3e99f69d246e96333.jpg

Yeap and for that price they can't even make a decent FM :( Sad FSX

Those prices are for the addons, not FSX...And the FM in the DodoSim is nearly as good as the Black Shark! It has a seperate program running the air-file, and has GREAT flight dynamics; ETL, VRS, torque induced yaw...etc....

I agree the default FM for FSX is horrible, and only reinstalled when really good addons were finally released!