Options->Gameplay->Hide Control Stick Not Saving Properly

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Hey all,

in the newest version (2.9.6.58056) and the previous one I was running (2.9.6.57650) the "Hide Control Stick" option isn't being saved when I exit a session.  I click the option as I always have and save, but now when I restart the game the stick appears in the cockpit and when I go to Options->Gameplay to check it out, "Hide Control Stick" is unchecked.

Did a search and couldn't find this so I don't think anyone else has reported this yet (though I could be wrong).

Thanks!

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Are you using the new launcher? I only ask because the launcher automatically sets "Easy Communications" to on even if you uncheck it. If you uncheck it and start the game without using the launcher, it sticks. Just FYI.

• Solution

This may be caused by the new launcher.

Try this:

1. In DCS Misc options : uncheck "Launcher on start".
  2. In DCS Gameplay options : check "Hide control stick".
  3. Click OK, then restart DCS.

---

Thanks guys...the launcher was the problem...everything back to normal 🙂

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y