Are the modules going to share the same exe?

I've been thinking of whether or not the a-10 module will be on the same exe or not. Basically, I was thinking, since there is going to be cross compatibility, would it be possible to create a common DCS folder, and then basically something along the lines of mod folders for the different modules. This would allow for the common content to be on the HDD once, and then the special content also on once, rather than having it like it looks now, where there will be duplicate files in different modules in the different module folders. I was hoping something like this would help conserve hard drive space and make it easier for people to run the different modules, just by booting 1 exe rather than running a different exe if they want to play a different module.

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

each module is its own sim and shuld have it's own Exe.

That would be such a let down, each aircraft being its own game. Thankfully I believe ED have more vision then that, thats why they have made the game in a module format.

As far as I know the DCS series will be all linked together so somewhere down the road you will have all of the planes/helo's lined up on the same airstrip. The ability to include all released aircraft in the same mission and in the same game. All of the modules should come together to create the ultimate aircraft simulation with epic fights.

That is pretty much the whole reason behind makingthe game in a module format afterall.

Edited by Nieldo

The plan is for them to all work together regardless if you have all the modules as far as I know. Given when you launch the menu it doesn't start the game rather just the GUI its not that big a deal. I can only envision that if you had all the modules and you were playing on a server with said modules that you would be able to switch between a/c without having to switch modules. TBH, who knows how DCS will do it, but one thing for sure is that it will probably make sense.