Mission assigned ALT & Autopilot

Is this modeled in the SIM. I have tried all autopilot scenarios and the K50 dose not fly to the assigned ALT. But will dive downward when I toggle the Autopilot switch on. :helpsmilie: :book:

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Auto pilot (Route Mode switch on the Collective) only controls the steering of the craft, you will have to keep to pre-set mission attitudes and airspeeds manually. However, the Collective Brake and Altitude Hold modes do a good job of keeping Alt. The same can be said of the Trimmer with regards to airspeed.

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Auto pilot (Route Mode switch on the Collective) only controls the steering of the craft, you will have to keep to pre-set mission attitudes and airspeeds manually. However, the Collective Brake and Altitude Hold modes do a good job of keeping Alt. The same can be said of the Trimmer with regards to airspeed.

Thank I was hoping for an easy clime to ALT. Relax the hand for a period.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

The ALT hold function is only for holding an altitude you achieve and cannot climb, descent, or hold any otherwise-programmed altitude. The "assigned alt" graph and numbers in the ABRIS (which are hard enough to get working as it is) are only there for reference and can't be used for anything else.

What controls the ALT hold function is the hand level on the collective stick (default key: F). In real life you have to squeeze this lever (collective brake) to even be able to move the stick at all! However our traditional PC joysticks don't have this. If you have a button or axis free on your joystick assigned to the collective brake and get into the habit of always pressing it down while you move the main collective axis, you will be using it the most like the real Ka-50.

The collective brake is tied to the ALT hold function in that if you squeeze the brake the ALT hold function turns off until you let the brake relax again. When you release the brake the ALT hold function "captures" this new altitude and holds that.