Scenery Tools available! [Old / For FC2]

amalahama

No need, I just fired up Max and this time it worked :confused:

Create splines, Convert to Road, Put down to surface, I must have tried it a hundred times yesterday.

It seemed to export OK, I added this to assemble scenes

road = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Roads\\Roads.rn2";

I see nothing in game, but at least we're on the right....road :D

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, it works, I was using wrong export method. :doh:

Is it possible to get my roads showing in the ME ?

I looked at \BlackShark\data\map and found roads.bin, I'm assuming this contains road network info for the ME (and the Abris for Black Shark.)

This might explain why it was completely re-written.

And as far as i can tell there is no way to edit the ME at all, other than replacing the \BlackShark\data\map\relief png's to match your terrain.

Ah well, I've spent a few hours scouring the forums and it seems currently there is no access to editing the ME layout, so I see no point in spending the time building a road network I can't use, or see.

The guys over in the Russian forum seem to be on to it, talking about some .dll or other.

I've edited the ME relief png's to display terrain so zooming in and using waypoints seems a better (and less work) way to go.

Thanks for the help, at least I understand the export process now. thumbup.gif

Starting with Blackshark, the mission editor is somewhat independent. The roads used to show up automatically but now they don't

These tools work with Blackshark and and Flaming Cliffs 2. A10c uses a new file format

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

• ED Team
Starting with Blackshark, the mission editor is somewhat independent. The roads used to show up automatically but now they don't

These tools work with Blackshark and and Flaming Cliffs 2. A10c uses a new file format

And they havent released anything for the new file format then? Thanks for the reply by the way :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

Ok, one more question and I will stop pestering you, do you think its worth working up terrain in the hopes that it will be convertible to the A-10 format, or do you think anything done in this format will be need to rebuilt from the ground up (no pun intended). :)

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Questions are fine. That is why I watch this thread. Thats a hard question to answer. It is unknown if the new tools will be released. Having said that, it might just be a matter of change a few things in your original .max source files to get it to export properly with the new tools.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

• ED Team

Ok, I guess I was just thinking logically that if there is eventually going to be compatibility between Black Shark and A-10 that the file formats have to be somewhat similar, perhaps just and export to a different format type. But if they havent even said they are going to release tools/info for landscape in A-10 (and I imagine future DCS Series) then this might be a dead end. Thanks again for the insight :)

64Sig.png

Ok, I guess I was just thinking logically that if there is eventually going to be compatibility between Black Shark and A-10 that the file formats have to be somewhat similar, perhaps just and export to a different format type. But if they havent even said they are going to release tools/info for landscape in A-10 (and I imagine future DCS Series) then this might be a dead end. Thanks again for the insight :)

All very sensible/logical questions, dead-end is probably the best way to describe this process.

There is currently no way you will ever be able to complete a usable finished terrain mod for this game.

Hopefully a DCS / FC2 compatibility patch and relevant plugins will be released some time in the future, without those there is no point in terrain modding.

I too have stopped all work on terrain and hope my current terrain can be used with the new plugins/format (if they are ever released)

Okay, so Ive browsed through the thread, but I havent really found a question to my question, so I hope its okay that I post it here.

Im not trying to make new terrain, right now Im just trying to import some new models into the game, but Im really at a loss here, as the Wiki isnt very through.

So Ive made a model (just a box to try it out) and exported it as test.LOM, then I made a .sc file with a placeholder called "test%", so far so good. Now comes the part that I havent been able to wrap my head around, the AssembleScenes-part. So Ive opened the AssembleScenes.cfg file and it looks like this.

result = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\medium_High.scn";

ToDo
{
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Anapa.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Gelendzhik.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Gudauta.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Krasnodar.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Krasnodar_P.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Krymsk.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Maykop.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Novorossiysk.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Sochi_Adler.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Sukhumi.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\TSKHAKAYA.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\KUTAISI.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\KOBULETI.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\BATUMI.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\MinVody.rn";
road  = "Bazar\\Terrain\\Vpp\\Nalchik.rn";

scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Bridges.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\All_Other.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Caucasus-houses-gorn.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Trees_Lines.sc";

scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Cauc_1.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Cauc_2.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Cauc_3.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Cauc_4.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Cauc_5.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Cauc_6.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Cauc_7.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Cauc_8.sc";

scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Georg_1.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Georg_2.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Georg_3.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Georg_4.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Georg_5.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Georg_6.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_Georg_7.sc";

scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_NCauc_1.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_NCauc_2.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_NCauc_3.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\Commun_NCauc_4.sc";

scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_W_1.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_W_2.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_E_1.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_E_2.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_E_3.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_E_4.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_E_5.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_E_6.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_E_7.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_G_1.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_G_2.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_G_3.sc";
scene = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Scenes\\High\\For_Caucas_G_4.sc";

}
// Ôàéë çåìëè
landfile2 = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\land.lsa2";

ModelPaths
{
path = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Shapes\\";
path = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Structures\\High\\";
}

DisplayMode
{
resolution = {1024, 768};
bpp = 32;
fullscreen = false;
showwindow = false;
}

And now Im not really sure what to do anymore, I assume that the first line is the placement for the compiled .scn file, and that I have to add my .sc file in the toDo list? Is there anything else that I have to do? Ive tried just running the AsembleScenes.bat file to see if it generated a new .sc file, but it didnt seem like it did...

And how to I determine where in the game world my object pops up? Lets say that I want my box on the taxiway at Batumi, how do I go about placing it there?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Are you taking about incorporating your model into the actual scenery file? Or are you talking about making your own models and just being able to place them in the mission editor so they show up. Two entirely different processes. The first is impossible I think because you need access to the original .sc and .rn files which are not part of the install. The second is possible though. You need download the CLSID program, and modify the master shape file with this new entry so the game knows about it. It will then be selectable in the mission editor to place.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

The file you want to analyze is the .scn one. That contains every single objects location and degree heading. But this file is not readable in notepad. If someone can somehow make this into a readable file, you should beable to add another entry and it would show up. I know this is possible because there was a tool made for FC1 that would do this, however it no longer works for FC2.

I'm pretty sure some people here on the forums have done this or figured out another way, but it seems they do not want to be known or share their secrets.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

The file you want to analyze is the .scn one. That contains every single objects location and degree heading. But this file is not readable in notepad. If someone can somehow make this into a readable file, you should beable to add another entry and it would show up. I know this is possible because there was a tool made for FC1 that would do this, however it no longer works for FC2.

I'm pretty sure some people here on the forums have done this or figured out another way, but it seems they do not want to be known or share their secrets.

LuckyBob, what is the exact binary format of this file. Is it:

1) ObjectID ( or type or what?)

2) LockOn x (meters)

3) LockOn z (meters)

4) heading (degrees)

If I get the format then I can quickly write a table-based GUI that will let you edit and add stuff. But I need to know the format of the binary data within the file and what the 'fields' mean.

I honestly dont know because I cant even open it. But the old format was something like this:

FFFF: GG HHHHHHHHHHHH : JJJ (XXX YYY ZZZ) KK LL MM NN ...

F = object ID number,

G = object type ID number,

H = object type filename,

J = object heading

X = object latitude

Y = object altitude

Z = object longitude

K,L,M,N... = all unknown stuff

Each line was an object placement. To add a new object, you would just make a new line, then resave it using a special tool that would re-inject the data. But that tool no longer works since FC2. So the format probably changed.

Not sure if this helps or just made things more confusing...

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ: