i.a.r.-93/j-22 orao

i finished the airbrakes, finished with the back wings, they can move now, and added the hole for the guns.minor details left to do...

p.s. the tail vertical wing modified..

Edited by john_X

progress good... er one more note, that pointy nose... whatchamightcallit... is bent but should be straight. I guess you're gonna fix that just don't know why it looks bent downwards on the photo, also inner wing pylon has bit different shape then outer one and is more curved.

No longer active in DCS...

its a bit difficult with the 2 plans for a singular plane developed by 2 countries that gave it particular details each...i have the plans of the iar-93 and it has that pointy nose bent...now, i see that ex Yugoslavian AF added a straight one...i'll keep rom 1.about the pylons..i don't have a good angle to see exactly how it looks.if you can help me i apreciate it

oraocc6.jpg

By hajduk_veljko, shot with E950 at 2008-06-03

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Its a sad sight, i like the weathering of it though :D

How come the Romanian Air Force keeps all their airframes? i ahev seen pictures of Mig-23´s and Mig-29´s in the same shape.

1149478.jpg

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

what can i say...evrything happenin in romania is sad.the air force is better called grounded force.only 48 migs(lancers) and 24 iar-99 still flyin, all of them in a bad shape, ready to join the iar-93s cementery.the good days of the military flight have lapsed long time ago when we passed from comunism 2 capitalism; capitalism that brought the freedom, freedom to steal the funds for everything, including the ones 4 maintaining iar-93 fleet that was in '98(year of retireing) at its midlife time.again, sad.don't look at those pics anymore.try the ones from INCAS.

http://www.incas.ro/english/index_eng.html

this is what i'm workin now. it's not a very popular plane, but i hope that my serbian neighbours will apreciate it. it will have skins for both countries and i think it will replace the su-25 bmber...

Nice model :thumbup: but its too high poly, you should forget about subdivision tools like mesh smooth you can make a great model with less than 20000 polys, my berkut has 13000 polys and the model is finished.

I have an IAR-99 under construction too :D

su-47-cl.jpg

Edited by Dany90

And this will happen again and again and again...

Its a sad sight, i like the weathering of it though :D

How come the Romanian Air Force keeps all their airframes? i ahev seen pictures of Mig-23´s and Mig-29´s in the same shape.

Even the first romanian supersonic plane project was canceled :(

http://www.incas.ro/english/departments/aviation%20programs/caract.gif

http://www.incas.ro/english/departments/aviation%20programs/iar-s-1.jpg

And this will happen again and again and again...

i can go under 35000 polys easyly. my problems are the next ones: pilot-actually has 8000 polys(need to remake it or borrow one)and the wheels-13000 polys(remained unchanged since the model was a high poly one), so the final model will have max 35000 polys and the same smoothness as it has now.i think it's a good report of smoothness/no of polys...

Nice model :thumbup: but its too high poly, you should forget about subdivision tools like mesh smooth you can make a great model with less than 20000 polys, my berkut has 13000 polys and the model is finished.

su-47-cl.jpg

Dany my friend, this is amaizing, i love the berkut, plase finish him,

realy nice! thank you :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nacido para volar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

su-47-cl.jpg

watch?v=H1wXsygQTVA

Edited by Hellboy

Dany my friend, this is amaizing, i love the berkut, plase finish her,

realy nice! thank you :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thats better...:music_whistling:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

i have a problem with the nose flippers. as you can see some models have them, some models not. what to do? add them ore leave the nose clear?

kuky's sixth pic with the orao in the museum has a very good angle from above to see them better...

You can hid and unhide certain parts of the model with an argument 70 using a .skins file. So say the first 10 skins uses one model and the other 10 skins uses another model can be achieved with a skins file. For our Red Arrows hawk we have 3 models in 1 model file using jsut 1 argument. I´l let OldCrow a dear friend of mine on this forum explain this better. So in theory you could build a Single Seater and a 2 seater and add under the same aircraft in Lock On.

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

John_x, on this photo the Yugoslavian J-22 clearly has them and I would like this model the most as I think this is the original J-22A version without afterburners. The J-22B has been fited with afterburners and can carry Maverick missiles but I think this is later modification that won't match FM of Su-25 you're going to use for it.

JRV_Soko_Oraos.jpg

In the end like Shaggy says if you can make 2 different ones that would be best option and in the end it's your model therefore your call :)

PS: on this photo to me seems lower aircraft to have the nose antena bent also???

No longer active in DCS...

can i add my model on the same spot with su-25 keeping both of them like i saw someone did on gripen mod, he added 2 models gripen simple and gripen double...?

if yes...can i do the same think with the cockpits?add another cockpit and keep su's one too?

If you want to have 2 3d models in the same plane in clickon, you would need to combine these two planes in 3dsmax, so unless you have the su-25t max file, its not possible (correct me if im wrong). For cockpit, it is not yet anyone that has made a fully working custm cockpit with hud and mfd for lockon. The best I've seen is the Alphajet cockpit by the ADA mod guys, although this cockpit only have analouge instruments. I think the reason why its not possible to get the hud and mfd's to show in a custom cockpit is lack of tools. It sayes in hte lockon tools readme, that the tools are limited, so many functions doesnt work.

However there is a walkaround, you can have one lockon folder for your own mod and one for the original su-25t. Although you wont be able to see both aircraft in the same game (unless you choose another plane then su-25t to mod your own model over)

There is another way - namely the Su-25TM entry :) . This is a special case because it, code-wise, is a flyable aircraft assigned separately named cockpit files(which can be provided simply by renaming copies of the Su-25T cockpit files) and when made flyable it shares the AFM of the Su-25T.

So not only does this allow you to use the AFM of the Su-25T without affecting this entry itself, but it also provides the possibility to use a custom-made cockpit without affecting any of the original flyables.

• Like 1

JJ