R27 guidance bug - show stopper for me

lifeliberty

What are you on about Yoda... fighting in Flanker against another Flanker not giving warning... never had something like that happen in 2-3 years of my flying LockOn... maybe your game is bugged and regular game info dropped due to all the extra coding you do?

Believe what you want.

I tested this in 1v1 vs Crunch with and without mods.

we both had it

I also spoke to (i cant remember who) in 51st who confirmed it,

said it had been there for a long time

Fyi I havent edited a single code line of lockon, guess why?

the code is closed, the source is closed, we don't have access to it.

The only thing you can do is run a parallell LUA script.

The only thing lua scripts can do to affect lockon are :

1. Ask for flight, sensor or object data (like coordinates, positions, fuel), universal object data is only available if config.lua export is set to true

or

2. Do math on these data (calculate ranges and such)

or

3. Send LUA input as stated by ED here : http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?lang=en&end_pos=567&scr=default

Nr 3 can send commands like "power up left engine" or "Pitch down" or "move cursor". They can do the same

thing as a pilot can, but cannot, I say again CANNOT actually change the game in any way that the

pilot cannot do with buttons himself. The only difference is that it can be made automatic OR inputed

by external sources like a built cockpit.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

losing lock on first missile and re-locking onto different bandit making your first missile start tracking the second bandit should work IF the two bandits are near by. I am pretty sure re-lock and re-tracking can only happen if the inbound missile's trajectory is not too much off of where it should be to continue tracking.

Kuky's right, changing targets while an ER is in flight is possible but the aircraft must be in close proximity.

The chances of it happening though are minimal .

So thats Bug1 squashed.

- *** BUG 1 *** the R27's already in flight will refuse to guide to target #2

But LifeLiberty's real gripe or ShowStopper was

- *** BUG 2 ***,

BUG 2 is the game breaker for me. It seems whenever there are more than 3 or 4 R27's in flight, the R27 becomes completely ineffective, regardless of your distance or radar lock situation. I suspect this is the cause of some complaints regarding the effectiveness of this missile.

the real problem I'm having is that I am no longer able to attack target B, if the two missiles are still in flight, and they were originally fired against target A.

He means to attack another bandit while his first 3 or 4 missiles(fired against tgt A) are in the air, he claims to lock tgt B and fire ER's but they don't track because of the previous missiles still being in the air. This is BS and ive explained what he's probably doing wrong above.

Bug 2 squashed.

*ER's can reaquire original target while in flight.

*ER's can aquire different target while in flight.

*ER's fired will track another locked target even if multiple ER's are still in the air fired against another target.

So there are no bugs.

Edited by Frostie
  • Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

the issue is they reacquire the new target way too easy. Remember the

"searchlight" of the radar is only about 2 degrees wide. Moving this do look for

new targets is not very efficient or fast irl (as compared to lockon where it is

SUper fast and accurate, but we all know this, this is the same as the

classical *I see +-90 right left r77/aim120* issue ;))

Also many AC radars would not "keep" the necessary radar signature after a relock.

And the missiles will be assuming certain paramaters about range, closure, etc. It will

like they say likely not work irl for targets with very different closure for example.

Reason is the missile is launched with some data, and keeps some data in memory,

calculated and approximated from the returns or dlink MCUs it has already received,

to have a picture of what it should track. As such it also will not track the wrong target

if two targets are found within the same searchlight/search cone, unless they are very

similar on these parameters. For an active missile such differentiation is even more important.

Now likely the older missiles you are using, the less they will differentiate such parameters.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

oo not hitting.

Well lockon's most effective way of getting an ER kill is probably

HOJ or firing LAO and waiting until last second to lock stt.

Same with amraam u unlock right before pitbull to induce a maddog state just

before pitbull range and deny rwr warning until last second. It's kind of cheap,

but it is what people do online :/

I understand what your saying and I tested your case but I found no bug, the first 2 ER's tracked the 1st bandit fine so I unlocked and locked the 2nd bandit, then fired 2 ER's and they both tracked the 2nd bandit and killed him.

What I think is happening with you is that your lock is getting dropped due to the size of the F-5, this is hard to notice as you will still have an EOS lock so it appears your locking with radar when your actually locking with EOS, check the symbols down the left side of the hud. If theres only 2 then your radar has lost lock and switched to EOS.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT

It was the EOS that kept the lock. I get your results if I dive deep enough to keep the N symbol active (not the T symbol)

I sure hope the real su27 has better indications of whether a valid SARH lock is being maintained.

*ER's can reaquire original target while in flight.

*ER's can aquire different target while in flight.

*ER's fired will track another locked target even if multiple ER's are still in the air fired against another target.

So there are no bugs.

That's correct with LOFC, but can say it's correct IRL! I believe not!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]