Logitech Force 3d pro

hreich

This is short video i recorded, showing you the problems I have controlling DCS Blackshark using Logitech Force 3d pro stick. I have very big sensitivity in y axis (pitch) which leads to oscillations of nose in y axis. Even if I use small input, and after fiddling with settings, curves and forces in y axis, i cant make it work. Using the same stick in FSX works fine.

Also using trim function to keep nose pointed down doesnt work as it was working when using Saitek X52 pro stick.

Link to video>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Also, that video does look a lot like PIO - Pilot Induced Oscillations. So if it isn't resolved by changing saturation and curves in the axis tune window for those axes in DCS options, try through just not doing anything. A lot of deviations can be caused by simple momentum, and the human mind is extremely quick in noticing this. When going for my certificate I spent several flights dedicated to removing this reflex. (And stuff similar to it also has caused several severe accidents IRL).

So if all else fails: just don't correct for the oscillation. Very often the way to stop the aircraft oscillating is to just do nothing, wait a short while, and then find that it has settled into a stable attitude. (As long as you had sensible trim, that is, in the case of helos. :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well i tracked the problem people have when using Logitech Force 3d pro stick.

In joystick option within the game, FF settings there is swap axes checkmark.

When it unticked I have problem in y axis - the stick is offcenter, moved up from center - its like y center is offset up from centre.

When the option swap axis is ticked, whenewer i press trim button my stick moves to the left of centre.

So it is definetly problem within BS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a post a while ago complaining about this but no help so far. Its a problem within BS. I use the logitech with flight simulator X and it works fine. Also, the problem is very unstable, I mean, sometimes it works more or less ok, other times its a complete disaster, I cant even hover at take off. I've experimented with various sensitivity settings and use the litle joystick window (crtl+enter) and I can see the dot is always jumping arround :(

I you can see it "jump around" - then you should see the same when you open Windows game-device, calibration too.

I suspect that you will see the same "jumping around" there.

DCS uses you stick inputs without any "filtering" - other flightsims might filter your inputs, hence the difference.

So maybe you can confirm if Windows joystick calibration gives the same result?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Ok - i managed to turn it off in producer.cfg. I still have ff effects in my stick,

but flying is now playable.Only now, the stick doesnt stay in trimmed position. And can anybody explain why is ff disabled in producer.cfg and still working in the game?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 3 months later...

try this :

uninstall all Logitech software

open the joyrange.cfg and change it from 400 to 100

the FF feels alot better, there must be a conflict with Blackshark's FF and Logitech's FF settings. the Logitech FF software is not overriding the blackshark FF like its suppose to?? its stacking

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

same problem

I also have the same problem with the ff 3d pro. Even when I am flying straight and level, without moving the joystick at all, the BS stick rocks back and forth. I have dulled the sensitivity some with saturation and curves, but it still does this.

Also, the trim function does not work because of this rocking. I have to hit the trim button when the BS stick looks like it is in the right position, not the position that my stick is in. Generally, this causes the stick to overcompensate and increase negative pitch. Any other ideas on how to fix it?

• 5 months later...

try joyrange.cfg -500

x,y curves default

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

I found this thread because I remembered a similar situation with the exact same stick: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37569

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo