Bug List

S77th-GOYA

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounded like you were talking about real world. I've made enough team kills to know that it's true for LOMAC. I'm getting killed now because I'm afraid to launch a missle. How screwed up is that?

I know what you mean ... I swap from TWS to LRS mode then back just to check whoes side the bogie is on ... because you lose lock and sometimes can't re-acquire and you lose SA ... and end up splatted!

It is true; the issue here is that the parent aircraft undoubtedly communicates which target it is to look at after launch, whereas in LOMAC this isn't happening. The ARH's are radar silent until they get within 'optimal killbox scanning' range ... the problem here is that in LOMAC the ARHs grab whatever they want, whenever they want it, instead of diong 'snap looks' in the direction of the chosen target(s) or searching the target's killbox should the target be lost. It's an issue with how seeker logic is programmed, no doubt.

This wasn't an issue in 1.02 ... its a bug!

I know what you mean ... I swap from TWS to LRS mode then back just to check whoes side the bogie is on ... because you lose lock and sometimes can't re-acquire and you lose SA ... and end up splatted!

All ED has to do is make the PDT flash from a star to a circle when you have a friendly locked and that problem disappears.

It would be nice if they could improve the contrast of the circle and rectangles in TWS mode too.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Originally Posted by GGTharos

It is true; the issue here is that the parent aircraft undoubtedly communicates which target it is to look at after launch, whereas in LOMAC this isn't happening.

also posted by GGTharos

Either way, the missile sensor modelling is slated for reworking for 1.2

Does this mean it will or wont be patched by ED?

A response by the developers here would be nice to clarify the situation thanks in advance

Soulesssig.gif

Okay, let's make something clear ... the devs won't be responding to every single question people ask; but they're reading, and they know what the issues are.

Having said that, I don't think the missiles will be 'patched', rather the missile sensor code might be reworked thoroughly for the next addon, and the conditions mentioned here will be checked to make sure such tings don't continue to happen, IF there is time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well good news.

I managed to isolate the problem with the "communications menu". It seems to be some sort of compatibity issue with the Microsoft Cordless Desktop (keyboard and mouse) If I do all my configurations using a normal keyboard and mouse it works fine. Even if I put the Cordless back its ok. Its just using it during the setup phase that causes the problem.

Anyway its all fixed now. I spent the whole day yesterday making a new CM file for my CH joystick and remapping all keys. :beer:

no offence greyghost but are you a developer?

I asked a response from them not you, your answering questions that are NOT posted towards you but comments your making on the board needs clarification from a DEVELOPER

and yet another post by you states "I don't know if it'll be patched or not, and I don't think the devs will answer that question either. They've got a lot of work on their plate and they need to pick and choose wat they'll do."

Basically my friend if you dont know dont answer ;)

• Like 1
Soulesssig.gif

I understand Souless, now consider this:

If they reply to YOU, they have to reply to EVERYONE.

Not really a pleasant situation, and they're quite busy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Seems I jumped the gun on the fix for the Communications Menu.

It is related to the Microsoft Cordless keyboard and initially I thought putting it back after programming with a normal one fixed it but unfortunately it was only temporary.

Anyway I can safely say that Communications menu will NOT work correctly with Microsoft Cordless Keyboard and mouse. :icon_frow

Last night while flying on-line AIM-7's or AIM-9's would track their target. I had good tone on the bad guy, he was WVR fired the 7 and it came off the rail and just went straight! It didn't even try to tracker, so I fired again that same thing and fired 1 more CRAP the same thing. So I switched to heaters (oh by the way this was a night mission) fired 2 of them and they both missed. Maybe it was a 1 time deal has anyone else seen this?

In a multiplayer game, when ground units destroy the ammo dump and a new client joins it shows the dump intact not destroyed like on the server.

OT: anyone notice ground targets are lot harder to spot in 1.1? You're almost forced to play with labels or add targetting info to the attack planes or they might not find it. I tried many things, like having AI planes fire smoke rockets near the target but new clients don't see the smoke. I also tried the ammo dump destruction thing and it doesn't show to new clients either.

anyone notice ground targets are lot harder to spot in 1.1?

Yes and no. Ground vehicles are much easier to spot from a distance now, they appear as a dark spec in the distance much earlier than before I find. It's almost too easy to spot them really. Static vehicles don't do this, you won't see a trace of them until you're much closer.

I have had a few people complaining about seeing through fog. I've created a bunker busting mission for the Su-25T with the lowest amount of fog present possible, and people complain that they cannot see the bunkers until they are literally right overtop of them. I was told I was using "unrealistic fog settings", when really they were set to the minimum thickness and density. As the host I can watch them from externals and see the bunkers much MUCH earlier than they can. Rather than fade in slowly from a distance they just seem to pop-up out of nowhere when you reach distance X. At first I thought this was a haze graphic setting issue, as Basic Haze does not do the fade-in effect, but as it turned out these people did have Advanced Haze enabled. Perhaps it is some sort of issue with being the client instead of the host.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

I had good tone on the bad guy, he was WVR fired the 7 and it came off the rail and just went straight!

Overall I like the missile logic in 1.1 better than 1.02. Missiles were too scripted, and too perfect in 1.02 IMHO. They could use some tweaking still, but I'm hopeful we'll get that in a patch or at the very least in 1.2.

However, I too have seen some occasional strangeness as Cali describes when missiles do completely unexpected and illogical things. As I recall Cali's Eagle wasn't able to connect with anything that evening, even with good aspect and a target within the no escape range. Everyone had great pings, but perhaps there was some sort of weird connection issue at play. My and everyone else's missiles were working as I would expect at the time.

And no, I've yet to see this issue with the R-27ER, but the AIM-120 and R-77 seem to act pretty much the same.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

Having a wildly inaccurate HSI 9 times out of 10 is a FEATURE?! Let's be serious, if you're going to model something silly like that than you have to give the user the ability to manually readjust the HSI for a correct bearing. As far as I know there is absolutely no way to do that currently.

All this feature has done is effectively made the HSI useless. Any navigational instrument that is regularly off by as much as this gauge now is in the Frogfoot would certainly ground the aircraft. A realistic drift is something on par of a couple of degrees or so.

While you're at it, why not add the ability to manually adjust the course needle too?

Let me guess:

Variant 1:

You've started from ramp and have not wait up to 5 minutes to get gyro system get hot.

Variant 2:

You've turn off and on the instruments by Shift-L key in flight.

• Like 1

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Let me guess:

Variant 1:

You've started from ramp and have not wait up to 5 minutes to get gyro system get hot.

I do now. Where was this mentioned in the manual btw? I must've missed it.

So the HSI in the Frogfoot is using INS? From what I've heard the INS is primarily only a backup system and is not normally tied into the HSI as a primary means of finding bearing. If your modeling is correct, than the Su-25T's HSI must be beyond old-school. Where does the HUD get its bearing information that it can't communicate it to and correct the HSI? Or why can't we have a knob to manually correct it ourselves?

To quote Cobra...

what did the person who added this "feature" in think it would be adding to the gameplay?

how much joy do we get sitting on the tarmac for 5 mins?? its not like it is like Falcon4 where you have a full clickable pit and can do a complete preflight. this is just hit a button and then walk away for 5 mins. dont know about you guys but that doesnt add any immersion for me at all, especially when the guy beside you on the tarmac in his Mig29 spools up and taxii's straight away.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

maybe its been mentioned b4 but does any one else have problems with there communications menu not being there, i.e. one minute u can use it the next when u push the key to bring it up, it wont come up? and also when flying i have noticed that sometimes that the view will jump to the outside of the aircraft, i posted this b4 and the reply i got was maybe the pilot died, at that time i hadnt fully tested 1.1 but now i have and when it does it jumps to outside view, i have still got full control over the aircraft and nothing i do will get me bak to cockpit, the first problem with the comms menu was fixed by alt tabbing out of the game, and going bak in but that only fixes it temporarily and then it occurs again, as i mentioned i dont know if the comms menu bug has been mentioned b4 so i r sorry if it has for posting it again, clean install of lomac then 1.1 over the top

ScreenShot_000.jpg

The two needle like things, protruding from the nose of the Su-25t--there is a graphical glitch, that only shows part of them--and you can see through the rest.

Sorry if this is already known.

Excuse the long-windedness:

I think on any future add-ons/products--that ED needs to seriously look at making the GUI more user-friendly.

Saving changes in missions/campaigns that are classified:

Even though I ran into this problem when LOMAC was released--I forgot the solution! I had to search around for an hour or so to finally figure it out for the second time--nearly giving up, and moving on to something else. A simple reference even in the readme file would be helpful (if I missed it in the readme, my fault).

After you manage to de-classify the mission, I tried to change the time of the mission--and couldn't seem to get it to stick. I realized, after some time, that I needed to press the "okay" button under the coalition table, and then save the mission.

On another user-made mission, I tried to delete an enemy flight--and kept deleting my own flight instead--goofing around with the "side" pulldown menu and the "flight" pulldown menus, and clicking on flights in the map. I never did quite understand how this works--but managed to delete the proper flight after tinkering with it long enough.

Letting us know that invulnerable, and perhaps other options, don't work with the Su-25t should be documented, if only by a sticky (if it's there, again, I apologize). I don't necessarily have the time or inclination to read every post on every website to make sure I'm not missing something. I only go out searching, when I have a problem.

Most recently, I have had autopilot problems--until someone filled me in that when engaged, the autopilot actually re-trims the aircraft, and when auto-pilot is cancelled, the trim changes remain. I've read the manual regarding this--and it never mentions that you have to re-trim the aircraft (and of course, that there is no longer a reset trim function.)

Because of all of these things--I'm afraid that some fundamental user tools that aren't user-friendly, are going to turn away newbies--and that is decidedly a bad thing. Once everything if figured out--it's a blast to fly, but on top of the steep learning curve (which I enjoy) we've got to figure out how to properly use the GUI, which can be extremely frustrating.

I want the market to grow, especially LOMAC's (and future products), and I think these and similar issues need to be addressed so that anyone can at least get into their jet with ease--though they might not be able to fly it!

With good intentions,

BBQ