Excellent training aid.

Eskam001

Hi

I have sort of reached a point where I can fly fairly well & use the weapons but still find accurate flying a little problematic at times.However in single player mission "Alititude" there is an oval race track to the East of the runway end,turn right after take off.I spend a long,long time now just following the track around,ballancing collective & cyclic & I find it really helps my controll.You can circulate close to the track or at hieght,I stay between 10- 50M as much as possible & you can go as fast or slow as youre able to while monitoring youre progress against the track.After 40 mins or so you get a real feeling of where the helo is & where it is going.I have found this very useful and was wondering if others use this or other in game aids.I have the heading/track toggle in mid position for this excercise & will try it in director mode for comparison.Any posts of tracks of this being done nicely would be good to see.

...was wondering if others use this or other in game aids.....

I personally have taken to following Roads/Railways in on the ingress to a target area, obviously where circumstances permit. Exciting to keep an altitude of about 10M AGL/250km/h IAS whilst following/attempting to keep aligned with the road harassing trains/civilian traffic and weaving through towns at Breakneck Speed. As you said, it definitely polishes the skills.

Leads to some Spectacular Wipeouts too! :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

are u trying to fly as well as blue angels hornets in black shark?

reminder: your flying skills are as good as ur a pilot, its good be good but or uber good

but that uber good skill might not save ur shark from a dodge sam missile..good flight skills

is a plus but in airwar its good to learn to dodge missiles rather then focusing on blues angles

parade flying skills ...parade flying skills wont much help in warzone area.. if your shot down from sky.. :-)

::ASRock 4Core1333::Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 GHZ::OCZ DDR2 Reaper HPC Edition 4 GB::Club3D 9800GT 1GB Green Edition::Acer LCD 19":: Nexus 400W::Vista Ultimate SP2::Saitek X36F & X35T Joystick::Youtube::Spider´s Channel::Suomi-Finland :-) ::

I would recommend to anyone to fly like this... Fly low, fast, throw it around... find the limits of what u can and cant do!! Hey it is a sim right?! What better opportunity! You will only improve your all around piloting skills.... Firing vikhrs all day from a hover is great and all but.. yeah :music_whistling:

... but that uber good skill might not save ur shark from a dodge sam missile..good flight skills

is a plus but in airwar its good to learn to dodge missiles rather then focusing on blues angles

parade flying skills ...

Hi Spider76,

it depends on one's needs. I've never been in multiplayer combat yet and don't work hard on collecting combat points (sometimes I accidently commit fratricide, so all my points often disappear:D), I am rather interested in just fly as übergood as possible. So, what we individually like in this sim...

And, being able to fly this helo as accurate and coordinated as possible in every situation (which needs hours and hours of hover and maneuvering), can prevent you from, for example, damage the rotor, or exceed the G limitations as you dodge SAMs hard. This is why real pilots aren't allowed to fly advanced combat employment (or Blue Angels parade:)) tasks until they fly their chopper/fighter instinctively.

Although I only have 30+ hours on Ka-50, but, based upon IRL combat training, I highly recommend to evyone to polish his/her sticking skills as much as possible. Good idea, Eskam001 :thumbup: !

Cheers!

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Thanks VS461,the more I use the race track the more addicted I am getting to it,trying to get lower,faster and smoother.The corners are just the right radius for practicing coordinating turns.I have learnt to use a bit of opposite cyclic to initiate the turn similar to opposite lock when driving a car off road/on ice,it drifts the helo around the bends allowing you to point inwards at any "target".The tidiest speeds for me are about 50-60 kph at 10M or so.I aim to keep constant height as well....many meetings with the ground.

Thanks VS461,the more I use the race track the more addicted I am getting to it,trying to get lower,faster and smoother.The corners are just the right radius for practicing coordinating turns.I have learnt to use a bit of opposite cyclic to initiate the turn similar to opposite lock when driving a car off road/on ice,it drifts the helo around the bends allowing you to point inwards at any "target".The tidiest speeds for me are about 50-60 kph at 10M or so.I aim to keep constant height as well....many meetings with the ground.

You're welcome!

Another point to all guys, there are two kinda maneuvers (particularly as a rookie):

"It happened as I'd wanted to do it" versus "I wanted to do it as it had happened" (there should be a more known English saying about it - I don't know :)).

What d'ya think which is better..?:smilewink:

Cheers!

Edit: I just tried that circuit... well, I have to learn some more...

Edited by VS461
Tried that stuff

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда