Interested in joining an aerobatic team

Hi.

I have been playing LOMAC for a while now, and I am really keen in getting involved in an aerobatic team. I am thinking of teams along the line of the 'Virtual Blue Angels' (look them up on YouTube), and teams who participate in VFAT.

I am really keen, I will need some training, seeing as I have never done anything like this before, but if there are any teams who need new members, or anyone interested in starting up a team, let me know.

Hi.

I have been playing LOMAC for a while now, and I am really keen in getting involved in an aerobatic team. I am thinking of teams along the line of the 'Virtual Blue Angels' (look them up on YouTube), and teams who participate in VFAT.

I am really keen, I will need some training, seeing as I have never done anything like this before, but if there are any teams who need new members, or anyone interested in starting up a team, let me know.

A while back, the Virtual Thunder-Birds were recruiting. You may want to check them out...

Nevada%20Terrain%20%289%29.jpg

Nevada%20Terrain%20%2811%29.jpg

Edited by Hawg11

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Excellent, thanks for responses guys, this is much better than anything recieved on my local forums.

Im in Australia, GMT + 10. When I fly, well at the moment, I fly offline whenever I feel like it.

Actually, I have never ever played LOMAC online, I cant get the UBi.com thing to work, so I could only join via IP address.

deadsmell, what about you? Let me know when are good times for you to fly (in your local time zone), and I will see whether there is anychance I could fit that in.

Two other things: You would have to be happy to host a game, as my connection isnt that crash hot, and also I fly Vanilla LOMAC, Im planning on picking up a copy of Flaming Cliffs soon, but until I do, Im stuck with it as it is.

I will also get in contact with some of the teams listed here...

----

Hawg11: THose pics are great. But that looks like FSX?

Edited by thaFunkster

Excellent, thanks for responses guys, this is much better than anything recieved on my local forums.

Im in Australia, GMT + 8. When I fly, well at the moment, I fly offline whenever I feel like it.

Actually, I have never ever played LOMAC online, I cant get the UBi.com thing to work, so I could only join via IP address.

deadsmell, what about you? Let me know when are good times for you to fly (in your local time zone), and I will see whether there is anychance I could fit that in.

Two other things: You would have to be happy to host a game, as my connection isnt that crash hot, and also I fly Vanilla LOMAC, Im planning on picking up a copy of Flaming Cliffs soon, but until I do, Im stuck with it as it is.

I will also get in contact with some of the teams listed here...

----

Hawg11: THose pics are great. But that looks like FSX?

Sorry not FSX it is LoMAC Thunderbirds..

UbiSoft connection has not really work for a long time..

Do you have HyperLobby??

Best way to connect to anyone to fly multi-player

But most of all get Flaming Cliffs..

:pilotfly::joystick:<< Wife thought this was a different type of Joystick

Hey Funkster, yeah you have to get flaming cliffs before we can fly together.

Hyperlobby is easy enough to set up, its basically the server browser.

I live in America, pacific time. I Usually play in the afternoons/evening/night.

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

OK, so FC is on the way, and I am getting hyper lobby.

Evening night in California translates to midday/afternoon the next day for me, so that is do-able for me sometimes as I am not working full time at the moment.

Will post back when I am set up and good to go.

I also sent an email the the thunderbirds and the red arrows, as they are looking for people.

Im glad its not FSX, cause I do not have that.

But how do you get that desert scenery in LOMAC?

PS - I have just ordered FC, so its on its way. I will look into this hyper lobby thing.

I believe its called " Nevada Terrain " you goto " Lockonfiles " download section and get it there for both LoMaC and FSX..

:joystick:<< Had to trade in my X52 wife kept using it for the wrong purpose..now have a Thrustmaster Cougar under Lock and Key..lol...chasity belt..style...LOL:megalol:

seriously, I really want to do formation/aerobatics so if anyone else reading this is interested as well, speak up. :)

I built this computer and everything just for it, and its been over a year, and I havent been able to get much going in regard to formation/aerobatics with other players.

Very puzzling, and frustrating. I thought there would be more interest in this kind of flight, as its the funnest, and takes the most skill.

So if you are interested people, SPEAK UP!

I just found the Phantom tool for practicing flying with a phantom plane, which is great for practice. However, you need a second PC to run it off of so you can fly with the phantom plane, and i dont have a second PC. :(

If anyone has a second PC laying around that they wouldnt mind setting up as a dedicated phantom server, that would be veeeerrrry much appreciated. ;)

BTW@Bearitall: you keep talking about your wife that way and people are going to start taking you seriously lol!

As mentioned, get Flaming Cliffs first. Everyone is playing FC and is not compatible with the original Lock On (how to install lockon).

Then, get Hyperlobby for easy game contact.

We VAT Berkuts have one of the most advanced phantom servers available in the community. Check it out here. Make sure to see the server working times. This is up to now limited, though after VFAT we will increase guest time.

Check VFAT out, as it is the biggest virtual airshow on the planet and a great way to discover the aerobatics community.

Nevada terrain (register and login first) is a nice addon for Lockon, it would be best to install that on a second copy of your lockon though.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all, bearitall, thank god you are joking, I honestly thought you were serious there, and I have an X52 next to me. I was just looking at it, going "omg, how the....Look at the shape of that thing..." I was a bit confused.

Deadsmell I AM SPEAKING UP!!!! I am really keen to do this. (EDIT: sorry realised you werent talking to me!)

I have a laptop that is currently unused. I wonder if it could do it, its a Pentium M 2.4G (I think), Radeon X600 graphics, 1.5G ram. Im sure it could manage to play it on all the lowest settings. Only issue, is that my internet connection is severly limited. But I might have to look into that.

That Nevada Terrain is absolutely Stunning! Amazing! We should fly there, framerates would be through the roof with no objects around (I still struggle with my Dual Core E8400 @ 3.6, 4G Ram and Radeon HD 4850 512), all this some 6 years after the game was released!

As for Hyperlobby, is the website down or something? I downloaded it today, and then it wont let me create an account.

Edited by thaFunkster

cool thanks frazer, i didnt realize the berkuts server was up during the week. it runs about 9-11 AM during the weekdays according to the schedule, and then about 7Am-3PM on saturday and sunday. (my timezone).

Yeah ill have to start using it more. guess thats about the only game in town for me. Its great that you guys provide that for the community, i still cant help but wish there was something up more permanently, so that I can play at my convenience, and for longer durations.

Kinda tough for me to get on and fly first thing in the morning during the week, oh well though, ill have to figure something out.

Thanks Frazer.

Funkster and anyone interested in joining a team,

We at the VBA have tryouts year round, so feel free to drop in an application and show us what you've got. Check out our website for more details.

The work may be hard, but when the end result is awesome, you feel very fulfilled!

Rhino2007VBA_sig.jpg

Mate, you guys are the best!

I absolutely love that tribute video on YouTube with the Deliver Me song.

I would love to join you guys, but I have never done anything like this, so whether I would have the skill or not I dont know, but hell, no harm in trying.

Pings are the other issue, seeing as I am accross the other side of the globe.

Thanks for the invite.

Edited by thaFunkster

We are always looking for dedicated pilots :) this goes for anyone, visit our website. http://www.virtualavia.com/vra/

http://www.virtualavia.com/vra/page.php?6

Our recruitment form is currently not working, but feel free to fill out the form and mail your answerers to me @ wally_boy2@hotmail.com if you are interested and we will look at your application .

BW

Shaggy

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com