re-starting engines problem if sequence is interuppted

Ramstein

Sometimes, when I either start up the engines for the first time, or come in and land for a repair or other, I shut down the engines. When I go to startup the engines again...

This is what soemtimes occurs...

I go through the starting process and the engines will not fully rev up and and wil die only leaving the apu running..

it happens if I Interupt the start-up sequence... by pressing the home key while it is starting... (I have that set for teamspeak, and cannot hit that key if it is in the middle of starting the engines... and am going to find a new key to use because of this problem..)

If I kill the whole start-up sequence by accident or on purpose, with the windows-home keys it will not re-start-up the whole way... and just leaves the apu running.. and the Abris and other switches and systems will be in disarray..

If I try a manual re-start, the engines will not start properly and will not fully spool up..

It is just there is no full recovery if a start up is interuppted, and I must get a whole new helo..

I just don't understand why after the start-up gets interuppted, you cannot fully shut everything down and start over.. and have a successful start up..

:huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Couldn't really say what is causing your problem for sure, but my first guess would be either fuel master/pump switches not switched on, or as you aren't opening the fuel cutoff valves the engines are spooling down when the start valve closes. Normally when this happens you need to flick the switch below the start button to "false start" allow the engines to spin up and then down again. Once this is done they will normally start fine.

As for stopping it all together, learn to do a manual start up, it'll take a while but it's much more satisfying imho and you can stop at any time you like or amend your procedure as required based on the situation.

As for the comms PTT issue, that I can certainly help with. The best key to use for comms PTT in my experiance is scroll lock. I've never had it interfere with any sims control set up and I've been using it for the best part of 10 years.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

You want to use a "crank start" after a failed engine start, not a "false start."

Are you shutting down using LWin+End? I believe LWin+End will take a fully "up" Ka-50 and make it ready to LWin+Home again... but there might be some cooldown wait required after a shutdown. Aircraft are picky.

If your PTT key is LWin it should be fine to continue to chat during startup. Pressing it shouldn't do anything to mess up the LWin+Home "startup dance." There is a "dance interrupt" key combination by the way.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the shortcut "dance" option as it's way too easy to make a mistake and you don't know why. For example the "dance" just flips a switch by a value but doesn't check the value of the switch before it does it. So if you have the fuel pumps on and start the dance the dance will switch them from ON to OFF which of course means no engine start.

it might be a while before I can get back with any findings... as this isn't easy and need to get into the situation when this happens before I can try it all over again... it could happen soon, or not so soon... too hectic around here during the holiday to relax and fly.. but am eager to get this issue resolved.. and find out why I am screwing up... until others with this problem pop-up, then I will just say it's me that is screwing up..

either that or purposely sabotage my start-up..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR