Logitech G940, trim FFB work or not?

jk9

I have read all those G940 reviews but still have no idea.

From my understanding, in thr real world, trimmed cyclic stick remains at its position even if a pilot takes his hand away from the stick.

Does G940's FFB do that?

That's the only reason I am thinking of getting this HOTAS becasue my old MS Sidewinder Precision Pro still works fine with other simulators.

Any idea?

Yes, it does work this way, but not exceptionally well. In a nutshell, FFB trim *does* lock the stick in a new position, but it usually causes the aircraft to be jerked-around a bit in the process. And then, when you release your hand from the stick, it will almost always bob off the attitude you just "locked" it into. There is also a secondary issue with rudder trim, which in FFB mode will return to virtual center instantly upon trim--meaning that if you don't also instantly recenter your pedals, you're yaw attitude will be yanked around as well. These problems seem to be the result of both Logitech's drivers and DCS code, and have driven me back to using non-FFB mode almost exclusively. Hopefully, we'll see this sorted out eventually, but in the meantime, its not a feature to base your G940 purchase decision on. The G940 is a cool stick with lots of potential, but its not all there yet.

I've put Black Shark on hold until I get a good controller. I was playing with limited sucess using a dual analogue gamepad. Now I've decided to save the whole experience until I have the right tools. Would be nice to hear from Logitech_Mark again to see what's happening in the background with firmware/development of this product. I'm sure there's many other borderline customers like me that just need that little bit of reassurance on this one.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I've put Black Shark on hold until I get a good controller.

Just keep in mind that you don't need FFB to enjoy this game. In fact, even if FFB on the G940 worked perfectly, I seriously doubt that it would improve my ability to play the game in the slightest. I'm looking forward to eventual improvements but I'm not holding my breath either.

Few comments on the FFB implementation for the G940. IMHO there's quite a few bumps to iron out yet, e. g. when you depress the trim button, the stick springs do not unlock (which they should, it works with the Microsoft FFB2 stick) but stay in place until you release the trim button, then they suddenly snap to the new center. I cannot for the life of me understand why this stick reacts so differently to FFB than the MSFFB2. Next think is the mentioned slop, i tried the settings from the other posts but could not really feel a lot of difference, especially concerning the precision around the center.

I do hope very much that Logitech get it right with their software, because the hardware is just incredible.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Logitech left us stuck with the same software for 2 months now, practicaly just after this HOTAS release.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Mark, if you still frequent this forum, please get in touch with ED NOW, because the upcoming Flaming Cliffs 2 compatibility patch for Black Shark might be the last chance for at least half a year to patch in support for the G940 or else i might go bald at age 25. Please don't let that happen :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 2 weeks later...

Logitech G940 trim FFB work or not

Using my custom cards, I made a set with 150 cards. But now it is giving the error thats mentioned in the subject.Load Deck Error: Cards not found in base.How can I remedy this??I tried everything...