guilty conscience

sweinhart3

I flew a particular campaign mission 3 times and got shot down every time. However I got kinda tired of flying 30minutes through the mountains to reach the target area and this mission was a flight of 4 ships. This last time myself and 1 wingman got shot down not long after arrival but I decided to wait and see what happened with the other 2 wingman being AI and not human. They took their sweet time after 20 minutes they picked off the rest of the target package and I got a mission complete. Now I feel guilty cause it felt like cheating but I dont like flying the long missions. Does anyone else do this? Cause if I didnt do all the work then I didnt really win right?

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

doesnt really matter.

this is not the "player is the hero" kind of game, but rather a simulation.

The mission target was accomplished. Doesnt matter that you died. Not that that is not a tragedy tho ! If you want to take the game seriously tho, you'd now have to quit playing it. *G*

This is a very accurate simulation... but... I think after you die you should only see a bright light and beckoning ethereal hands. Your virtual wife and babushkas should receive a modest insurance payment and your mistress Natasha should morn in black for one year and a day. Only then would the accuracy of Blackshark be complete. I would also argue that a bottle of virtual vodka in my ejection seatpan would be the thing to keep me warm on those long northern nights.

I like to pretend I'm this guy from Red Dawn while I fly. You can too I suppose.

500px-RedDawnStrelnikovJatimatic_02.jpg

I don't think it's neculturny to allow your comrades to avenge you and complete the mission.

Do svidanya,

сильный вред (StrongHarm from Ohio)

Notice: No Russian people were offended in the making of this post.

This is a very accurate simulation... but... I think after you die you should only see a bright light and beckoning ethereal hands.

Bah, I'm too busy already, don't go piling up more jobs on me! :P

it is entirely possible the "virtual wife" and everything is indeed modeled in the simulation. you just never see her.

Aye, seems realistic enough to me. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester