LockOn Launcher

FullerGer

Hi everyone,

I want to present you a tool, I made.

Download:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=32&file=1126

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=188&lid=1671&title=LockOn%20Launcher#dldetails

LockOn_Launcher_Release.png

This Tool helps you to manage different LockOn/BlackShark installations.

It also gives you the Option, to set the Resolution, the Affinity, the Nickname and more.

The Tool also allowes you to start different Programs like Teamspeak,Ventrilo, TrackIR, RAZ and one Program you may add by yourself.

If you use a Saitekcontroller, you also can change you Profile with the Launcher.

So the Tool makes it very easy to handle all the Stuff you need for flying LockOn or Black Shark.

If you use XP you need to install Microsoft .NET Frameworks 3.5 first. Vista and Win7 User don't need to install it.

The Launcher supports differnt Languages. At the moment there are English and German.

Edited by FullerGer
  • Like 2

I'm going to have to rey this out! it looks great! A truly wonderful idea!

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

It won't work for me. Just to give you a heads-up about it FullerGer. Attached some screencaps of some of the error messages. I essentially get two error messages per header in the .ini and then Windows 7 shuts down the application and notifies me that the program doesn't work. Also, everything is in german and not english. There isn't a ReadMe either btw?

capture1.GIF.3493f96a17f9fe35f930053b7ff36b03.GIF

capture2.GIF.922d2c5d35f572c48499bb04ee1adf38.GIF

capture3.GIF.a51601a3cf4eac9b2a62268fd9381dae.GIF

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

It won't work for me. Just to give you a heads-up about it FullerGer. Attached some screencaps of some of the error messages. I essentially get two error messages per header in the .ini and then Windows 7 shuts down the application and notifies me that the program doesn't work. Also, everything is in german and not english. There isn't a ReadMe either btw?

Hi,

thank's for reply. I'll fix the Problems with the ini's.

If you want to change the Language to English, you have to Click on 'Einstellungen' then the Tab 'Sonstiges'. There will be a Combobox with the Text 'Deutsch' in it. Just change it to English and press the 'Neustart' Button.

If you need any help, the Mainbuttons have Tooltips and there is a Help. But the most things of the Help I still have to translate.

If you need a Readme or so, you can go to the Updater. There is a link, if you click it, a new Window will open with all Changes.

Hi FullerGer, I get the same messages as Boulund but I'm using Vista 64. I'll try it again and update.

No luck, can't get to the main screen.

Edited by Sarge55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

New error in latest update (v0.71):

It shows some kind of loading screen and tries to access a registry key that does not exist on my 64bit windows 7. The program won't start at all.

The key searched for is stored here on 64bit Windows 7:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LockOn Launcher\Main

---- Solution ----

Making a copy if this key, at the location the program searches, creates this error instead:

Window title: "streaming"

Button: "OK"

This window is impossible to get rid of and keeps popping up continously until forcing the program to shut down.

Running the program as administrator makes it start up normally.

Thanks for the tip on where to change the language, it is well hidden ;)

I like the program idea but all in all I'm not interested in another program that requires administrative rights to be run. Until the program can function without them I'm sorry to say I'll never use this... :(

edit:

Also I found a bug where the program crashes:

Use the tool for starting a program (for example TrackIR), manually close the program and then try to press "deactivate" button from inside tool. Program crashes. Just in case you didn't know...

hangs.JPG.7cf7401802a10eda4c884eb696cf1918.JPG

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

The key searched for is stored here on 64bit Windows 7:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LockOn Launcher\Main

Never tested it on a 64bit System, so I didn't know this. Will be fixed.

Window title: "streaming"

Button: "OK"

This window is impossible to get rid of and keeps popping up continously until forcing the program to shut down.

Running the program as administrator makes it start up normally.

Thanks for the tip on where to change the language, it is well hidden ;)

Another Win64 User told me that. So same as above.

I like the program idea but all in all I'm not interested in another program that requires administrative rights to be run. Until the program can function without them I'm sorry to say I'll never use this... :(

When the Problem is fixed, you won't the administrative rights.

edit:

Also I found a bug where the program crashes:

Use the tool for starting a program (for example TrackIR), manually close the program and then try to press "deactivate" button from inside tool. Program crashes. Just in case you didn't know...

Hm.. For me it works. Otherwise you just can wait, the Launcher will recognize that TrackIR does not run anymore.

Hi,

if you installed the latest version, you will be able to pick your Langauge at the first start (the language is also automatically detected).

If you use an older Version, which is might be in German,

, you have to Click on 'Einstellungen' then the Tab 'Sonstiges'. There will be a Combobox with the Text 'Deutsch' in it. Just change it to 'English' and press the 'Neustart' Button.
Jack

Happens on launch and after clicking OK buttons for a dozen time it just crashes. Running Windows 7 64x.

attachment.php?attachmentid=36130&stc=1&d=1265550295

I like the idea but at the current level it's not useful for me. I'd like to see:

- Free to use this starter to launch as many programs as you want. For DCS I need to run VAC, TrackIR, CM Control Center and Teamspeak.

- The chosen programs start automatically with the launcher.

oawhig.thumb.jpg.0d4a5fffc1b397db3f6495bff4ee90d2.jpg

The problems you have are just with Windows 64bit.

They are already fixed, but i still need some time to release the Update.

- At the moment it is just possible to launch one different program, perhaps you will later be alble to start more programs. It's on my list.

- You can make the applications start automaitcally when your Game is starting. I tried to start the apps when the Launcher is starting, but this slows the Launcher down too much.

Jack

Hi,

a new Update is out today.

- Languages added: French(not complete), Russian and Spanish(not complete)

- You can now take part in BETA Testing

- Many 64bit problems fixed

- Exported files will be placed in “\Documents\LockOnLauncherExport”

- Fixed an error with the Feedback

- Im- and Export improved & Progress Bar added

- IL2 Sturmovik compatibility improved

- Log-file is available

- Several problems with missing files fixed

- Problem fixed when loading Joystick profile

- Context menu added

- Improved the Function of reading and writing the config-files

- Fixed a problem with a displaced settings.lola