Touchpal or Eyefinity Cockpit

Hi All,

I'm just embarking on my BS career and after much reading of the forum I am debating on one of two possible screen configurations in mind.

1) A single large primary screen with TrackIR (have this currently) with a secondary touchscreen monitor running Touchpal and BSVP. Currently looking at the Dell SX2210 for this purpose.

2) An eyefinity setup with a single Dell SX2210 touchscreen and two Dell ST2210 non-touch screens as peripheral monitors. This setup would rely on using the clickable cockpit switches on the primary monitor.

At the moment I am unsure which way to go, the effort put into Touchpal and BSVP is amazing and I can see some tangible benefits to this configuration. Though obviously the idea of a three screen eyefinity configuration is also appealing in it's own way.

So far I have given some time to visually testing the workability of using the clickable cockpit with a primary monitor and TrackIR and at this stage I'm not convinced that it is a workable solution.

I'm very keen to hear from all of you as it seems many people in the community particularly some of the impresive pit builders have obviously considered a variety of configurations before selecting one.

Cheers,

Tom

I have a 34inch large tv I use as my monitor on 1920 x 1080p with trackir5 and BSVP on a 21inch computer screen and that is all I need, simple, looks great, no need for setting any confusing things up for this monitor or that and gives me more time to "Read the Manual". I used to use touchbuddy for Lockon and it is great for Lockon but BS is clickable cockpit so It seemed useless for me and takes away the immersion (my opinion). I think those 3 monitor setups look terrible, top portions of the control panels are usually cut off, portion behind the monitor frames dont match on next monitor and flying while always seeing the monitor edges would drive me nuts...a big over 30 inch tv with 1080p is clean and simple, throw in trackir5 and BSVP on old monitor and it looks great.

Edited by =ScE=Black1

I have a 34inch large tv I use as my monitor on 1920 x 1080p with trackir5 and BSVP on a 21inch computer screen and that is all I need, simple, looks great, no need for setting any confusing things up for this monitor or that and gives me more time to "Read the Manual". I used to use touchbuddy for Lockon and it is great for Lockon but BS is clickable cockpit so It seemed useless for me and takes away the immersion (my opinion). I think those 3 monitor setups look terrible, top portions of the control panels are usually cut off, portion behind the monitor frames dont match on next monitor and flying while always seeing the monitor edges would drive me nuts...a big over 30 inch tv with 1080p is clean and simple, throw in trackir5 and BSVP on old monitor and it looks great.

for me , triple monitor is simply amazing , wouldn't trade the experience for nothing.

it looks great and runs great , plus there is many "solutions" around to achieve it now , softh , th2go, eyefinity.

guide to softh here ; http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=39577

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

At the moment I am unsure which way to go, the effort put into Touchpal and BSVP is amazing and I can see some tangible benefits to this configuration. Though obviously the idea of a three screen eyefinity configuration is also appealing in it's own way.

Since Il-2 times i'm taking care of my screen's cleanness. Not a single dot or spot is acceptable, since they produce image artifacts, which draw my attention in fight. So, i would not want to touch my screen with my fingers when i'm not totally sure they're very clean. So, i give my voice to a dedicated touch-screen. Otherwise i would have to wear gloves...