Cachya and Windows 7 x64

FFlyer

Did anybody make the Cachya's virtual joystick work in windows 7 x64? When I try to enable the joystick, a dialog box opens and prompts for hid.dll and vhidmini.sys. I point to the right locations, but the joystick never installs and obviously does not work.

I've gotten it to work. Problem is that the Cachya virtual joy driver is unsigned so you need to disable the driver signing enforcement to use it.

The temporary way is to select the option from the F8 menu at every boot (next to safe mode) but Driver Ready Plus is a program that basically automates that process. It's a pain and a hack but it works.

I bought Cachya about week ago but I couldn't get virtual joystick to work because driver protection (win 7 64 bit). Then I find in dcs forums mention of program called ReadyDriverPlus. Found the link to download: http://www.speedguide.net/files/vista/SetupReadyDriverPlus.exe. Just install it with default settings and restart PC. Now Cachya start without problems with virtual joystick enabled.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried buying Cachya recently. Never got the full version from them. Server wasn't working for ages. Then when it did, it only let me download the same BS trial version. I'm looking at filing a complaint about them to IC3. No answer to emails. No nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe all Windows 7 has same "problem". Driver signing. Look few posts above. Ready driver plus. There are also other solutions, but general you must disable driver checking.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro