Expert skilled hostile see thru mountains!

GumidekCZ

Hi,

I have played two missions where me with Mig29S wanted to get to my enemy 6. Idea is very simple. Loose his radar lock at mountain valleys and go around mountain behind him. Yes its true I lost his radar lock, but what happend?

I watch track in Tacview and there I found very nice proof that enemy can thru mountains. He was absolutley sure where Im exactly. No chance to loose him at mountains!! Than there was one AIM-9M and my death.

SUPERPILOT.jpg.fd4ac872053a343a7151356bb76bc3bc.jpg

Damn...it need to be FIXED!!

Repair: no even expert skilled AI enemy, but High skilled too. And Im not yet tested good or poor. OMG

Edited by GumidekCZ

that screenshot itself doesn't mean anything, mind sharing the acmi?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That picture prove my theory. There is a green line which connect me with him. Since I have entered the valley, the straight line was going thru mountains....so no radar or even visible contact is possible.

Im sharing ACMI file for Tacview of this unbeliveable bug.

SUPER-PILOT.zip

Edited by GumidekCZ

Actually, no, the screenshot itself only says that the bandit turned, there's no context to be picked up from a screenshot alone. ;)

I'll check out the acmi.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think your relying on Tacview, which is not official lockon software, to tell the truth, too much.

Tacview does not represent the mountain elevations and valleys perfectly, sometimes no where near.

The AI can be very smart but not smart enough to see you through mountains.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

All that line means is that the telemetry distance is being measured between those two aircraft and nothing else.

Tacview has no idea what an AI is looking at.

That picture prove my theory. There is a green line which connect me with him. Since I have entered the valley, the straight line was going thru mountains....so no radar or even visible contact is possible.

Im sharing ACMI file for Tacview of this unbeliveable bug.

[ATTACH]39236[/ATTACH]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What I have to do to you start believe to me...Try it yourselves!

Try to hide in mountains with enemy behind. When I was deep in valley, I have not get lock warnig either search warning...nothing. There is hill between us. Dont you get it???

Off course you will chase me, everybody will. But he isnt searching for me..or following me to the walley but is is guiding to me like a pitbull. I can bet my PC because I flew hide into walley and he was behind the hill, after few km I run out the walley towards his propably location. At the top of the cliff we almost colided together, but he was much much faster with AIM-9M...

Well if its AI, yeah. They have an "all seeing eye". I had a fleet of ships opening up their cannons on a lone infantry man 20km away! Personally I think the captain ought to resign, I mean who orders 3 ships to fire over 200 rounds at a single man carrying a Ak-47?

As far as I can tell it might be a mission setup issue. If you don't give the AI waypoints they essentially attack anything and everything no matter where it is on the map. Without attack points, I had a pair of Su-30s go full burners for 200km so they could kill an AH-64 that was landed at a farp. Once I added the attack points in they ignored him.

I think once you engage an AI however, all bets are off, they just know where you are all the time and nothing can stop it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Personally I think the captain ought to resign, I mean who orders 3 ships to fire over 200 rounds at a single man carrying a Ak-47?

Great stuff!!! :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5