TFC to Develop AC-130U desktop training simulaton.

norm

Better yet - read it. ;)

Based on the A-10C DTS, the AC-130U DTS simulates the interface and functions of the Infra-Red (IR) Sensor Operator Station as part of the Battle Management Center of the AC-130U Gunship aircraft. The AC-130U DTS will include:

AN/AAQ-26 Infra-Red Sensor System

IR Sensor Operator Multi Function Display (MFD)

IR Sensor interface and controller

Virtual terrain, enemy Order of Battle, Buildings, and Infrastructure

Automated flight plans and paths

It's not a "pilot" simulator, it's a training aid for the IR sensor operators. Enlist to become an AC-130U sensor operator and you might get to use it. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Better yet - read it. ;)

It's not a "pilot" simulator, it's a training aid for the IR sensor operators. Enlist to become an AC-130U sensor operator and you might get to use it. :)

Ok, I was just hopeing there would be some civil pilot version, because I remembered reading an a DCS A-10C interview that the military/AF reserve was focousing on the systems changes between the Alfa and Charly hogs, and there is systems content in the DCS version that is more detailed than in the military on, or was I misinterpriting this?

You are right, but what you need to notice is that the AC-130U simulator simulates one specific station - IR sensor. It's no weapons, no navigation, no aerodynamics, no hydraulics, no avionics for the pilots.

Also, a commercial AC-130U simulation would require a lot of players in the same plane if it wants to be realistic, or do a huge amount of development work to let AI handle those things. Basically - the difference between the A10C DTS and A10C DCS is miniscule in comparison to the AC-130U DTS and a possible AC-130U DCS, leading me to conclude that DCS:AC-130U is highly unlikely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

On that I can agree. The Spooky is awesome. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Doh, true, I always mix those up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

way back when(90's) janes FA had the AC130 Specter Gunship as one of the 100+ aircraft to fly and make shit go boom with. the Sim was basic but man o man was the Gunship a hoot to fly the left hand slow banking turn as the 105 rained HE rds on the base below man i loved ABA(air base assault). TBS if they build it we will fly it and blow shit up..5x5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Specter, AC-47 was Spooky, AC-119G Shadow, AC-119K Stinger, AC-130 is Specter.

Nah the AC130 model used in the link (U model) is called Spooky too

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

....the United States Air Force, which uses AC-130H Spectre and AC-130U Spooky variants...

Awesome aircraft -- have seen them many times during my time in the USAF... that's an A/C that must be respected... LOL

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64